FEELER: API style console (Toft ATB complete rebuild)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,
I am new to groupDIY.
I would like to build some modules and a master section for my Toft ATB32.
Is anybody still following this thread?
Should I post questions in this thread or another thread or should I be using email or messaging
Thank you,
Lindsey
Hi Lindsey, yes I am still following this thread. Did you manage to get any response from Floti? He seems really difficult to get hold of. I have several unanswered emails.

Hello,
I am new to groupDIY.
I would like to build some modules and a master section for my Toft ATB32.
Is anybody still following this thread?
Should I post questions in this thread or another thread or should I be using email or messaging
Thank you,
Lindsey
Also following. I have most of the parts to make 16 channels. But, have only built up a few, and will not do all 16. Message me, I can pull together my extras I am not going to get to.

I like the idea of someone building custom panels. It would solve some of the issues with the Pot and switch alignment.
In theory it would be a case of taking the existing footprint and bringing the pot cutouts closer to the switches. Then of course there is the custom screen printing. If anyone is considering doing this or has the knowhow then I am sure it would be very welcome on this project.

I have built 90% of a pair of prototype submaster modules supplied by Floti and have started a pair of channel modules. Currently waiting on parts from CAPI - due to arrive this week and Mouser. As Floti mentioned my Master section is failing, I have a problem with hum and there is a in-balance between the left and right. It could be the Master fader but I have given up doing further work on existing modules.

I can't wait for Floti to finish the Master section - I think this will be very popular. I know a lot of people myself included modified the stock boards for the Jim Williams upgrade.
[I like the idea of someone building custom panels] -- Well.....if someone could provide me with all of the specific mechanical details or physically ship me one of these channel circuit boards so I could mechanically "Reverse-Engineer" it so I can obtain all of the necessary mechanical dimensions, details and any other ideocracies, I could design both a front-panel and create a silkscreen artwork file for it as well. From there, I know of several sheet-metal shops that are capable of importing my 3D CAD-designs and then spitting out finished sheet-metal parts anywhere from a "one-off" to large production runs. All that I need is some original mechanical data to get started with. Anyone???

[I like the idea of someone building custom panels] -- Well.....if someone could provide me with all of the specific mechanical details or physically ship me one of these channel circuit boards so I could mechanically "Reverse-Engineer" it so I can obtain all of the necessary mechanical dimensions, details and any other ideocracies, I could design both a front-panel and create a silkscreen artwork file for it as well. From there, I know of several sheet-metal shops that are capable of importing my 3D CAD-designs and then spitting out finished sheet-metal parts anywhere from a "one-off" to large production runs. All that I need is some original mechanical data to get started with. Anyone???
Sounds awesome, but I think only a few people on here have completed channel strips. You could begin with by drawing out the original ATB channel strip plate. To make the new boards fit you need to adjust the spacing between the pots and the switches as I believe they are narrower on the new boards. It will be the pot row that needs moving closer as the switch position remains the same. The gain pot is slightly off centre because it is a Greyhill design.
Then you ideally need 8 channels to check they fit correctly. I think possibly they should be spaced further apart to prevent any possible crosstalk between the trafos (mentioned very early on by another member). Or the output trafos could all be mounted off the circuit boards all together which would reduce the weight pulling down on the pots which hold the boards on to the plates.

Going a step futher.... making the channels fully modular would be the dream!

The biggest issue at the moment is getting hold of the designer Floti who seems to have disappeared. Without him obtaining channel strip boards is not possible and he still needs to finished the master sections. I hope he is OK but it is concerning he doesn't reply to messages or emails.

Latest posts

Back