FEELER - Solid-state microphone upgrade boards (OpAmp, JFET, U87A, FET847, ORS87-Plus)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could you do something that small to use with the regular SDCs, kinda like the CMC 1?

Basically yes, but... that would leave / raise the question of the mechanical solution. And that's one aspect i'd rather not get into 🤦‍♂️

I mean sure, like i said, the intention of this is to fit inside an XLR connector shell, and connecting a 6mm electret capsule with thick wires (for mechanical stability), and have the capsule just poke through the opening in the strain relief. Anything else than that is outside the scope of this, i'm afraid...

"To whom it may concern..."

Just last night "finally" placed an order for a batch of prototype boards for these, as well as several other projects of mine (5-10pcs of each, depending). Fabrication time was quoted at 3-4 days, and since i didn't want to shell out more than the total price of the boards for DHL Express or other couriers, plus customs & taxes on top of that, i went with the IOSS "Global Standard Direct Line", which should take 12-16 days.

... And now, we wait... 😬

What would be needed (or most convenient) for those? :unsure:
Self etcher like print ready PDFs. We need the soldering side (traces) and the silk screen layer, both mirrored. Best (for me) are both files in one PDF on one printing site.
I anyway ordered some of those boards too (at least as a "proof of concept"), and they're here too 🤷‍♂️
I am not member on this platform. As far I can see, there are the schematic and png of the rendering available. Is there more when I register to this site?

I'd be happy to help you with providing and testing the data.

I am not member on this platform. As far I can see, there are the schematic and png of the rendering available. Is there more when I register to this site?

Pretty sure PCBway started off as a board fab (like JLCPCB etc), and then expanded into these "community" type things.

Self etcher like print ready PDFs. We need the soldering side (traces) and the silk screen layer, both mirrored. Best (for me) are both files in one PDF on one printing site.

Probably most appropriate(?) to post those in the ORS87 thread, though..? :unsure:

Ask and you shall receive 😁 Attached to the OP & updates mentioned there.
Khron you are great (y) , but I think there is a mistake in your files!

I'm really not good at imagining spatial things but I think one of your layers is the wrong way around. For example, look at this design of mine, the components are also on top of each other in the mirrored state. This is not the case with your layers.

Bildschirmfoto_4-7-2024_12847_.jpegBildschirmfoto_4-7-2024_1293_.jpeg

Two further suggestions for improvement: Do the drilling holes (for mounting the PCB) with "soldering pads" with a smaller hole diameter. This helps with accuracy when drilling, the drill is guided by the etched small hole.

Always place text somewhere on the soldering side, then you can see at a glance what the position is when mirrored.

As I said, just suggestions!:cool:

I'm really not good at imagining spatial things but I think one of your layers is the wrong way around.
We need the soldering side (traces) and the silk screen layer, both mirrored.

Had i misunderstood something? 🤨

PS: The silkscreen PDF was one of my failed attempts to merge them into the same PDF file; corrected now...

Do the drilling holes (for mounting the PCB) with "soldering pads" with a smaller hole diameter.

I perhaps would have, if this wasn't intended for manufacture, but that is indeed a good point (y)

Always place text somewhere on the soldering side, then you can see at a glance what the position is when mirrored.

There is some, if you zoom in enough :LOL:

Had i misunderstood something? 🤨
I did it wrong the first time too. With EasyEDA, if you export the solder side as a PDF, you don't have to actively mirror it, the program does that. (Not really, it simply prints from the top view, which leads to mirroring of the solder side)

The silk screen, on the other hand, must be actively mirrored during PDF exporting, then everything is correct again! (y)
I perhaps would have, if this wasn't intended for manufacture, but that is indeed a good point (y)
This is a small but nice optimization for the self-etchers, that way you can drill the holes precisely, even freehand with your dremel! The etched hole acts like a center punch dent.
There is some, if you zoom in enough :LOL:
Really, I didn't see that. I'll have to take another look😅

Back