Reddish 500 EQ

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg
Does anyone ever use this style of resistor? I bought a bunch of these on accident. Should I just use them, or hold off and purchase the blue ones that are more common?

Those resistors will work great. I can't tell how thick they are from the photo, they look a little fat, so I would place a couple on the board (without soldering) and make sure they don't get overly crowded. As long as that's the case, you're good to go.

Those are MIL spec resistors...high quality! Check out the spec sheet linked below. I also like them because the values are actually printed on the body. The inexpensive 1% ones with the color stripes are usually difficult to read; "Is that a brown, red, or orange stripe? Which end of the resistor is the beginning when the value starts with 1/brown since the tolerance is also a brown stripe?" Yes...my eyeballs have excellent color acuity. It's the crummy paint used in manufacturing.

https://www.vishay.com/doc?31027

Bri

Those are MIL spec resistors...high quality! Check out the spec sheet linked below. I also like them because the values are actually printed on the body. The inexpensive 1% ones with the color stripes are usually difficult to read; "Is that a brown, red, or orange stripe? Which end of the resistor is the beginning when the value starts with 1/brown since the tolerance is also a brown stripe?" Yes...my eyeballs have excellent color acuity. It's the crummy paint used in manufacturing.

https://www.vishay.com/doc?31027

Bri
Awesome, I’ll double check the size and give them a whirl! Thanks guys!

Going through the posted Mouser BOM (only for the components I do not already have so not a complete list) and I have found a discrepancy.
The part listed for C3,7, & 23 is a .22uF, it should be .022uF. I found MKS2-.022/63/5t to work
Noted. Yes, should be 22nF (.022uF). I will update the BOM this afternoon when I am at home. Thank you for that catch!

Thanks for Catching that error. I've updated the cart for future reference!
Going through the posted Mouser BOM (only for the components I do not already have so not a complete list) and I have found a discrepancy.
The part listed for C3,7, & 23 is a .22uF, it should be .022uF. I found MKS2-.022/63/5t to work

Back