FET input op amps

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, Farnell / Element14, has the Dual 2134 DIL package.
The Quad 4134 is only available in SOIC though.
I don't think this is just Farnell not stocking the Quad DIL, but that the quad is now being manufactured only as surface mount.
It was previously available in DIL, hence some stock is still available from various shelves around the world.

The above is by research and observation rather than any direct contact with the manufacturer.
I came to this conclusion, because I read of others using the 4134 with a surface mount to DIL adaptor, and the fact that the current Data Sheet only mentions surface mount for this chip, where previous Data Sheets included DIL versions.

So it may well be, that only the Quad Version has been discontinued in DIL format.

Chips and other components seem to appear and disappear at ever faster rates.
For this reason, when I find something I like, I tend to buy extra stock.

Matt Nolan said:
JohnRoberts said:
ricardo said:
Let's start the Church of the Pinnae Stannum ...  far superior to dem deaf Pinnae Aurum crowd  8)
I knew studying Latin would be good for something but how do you say phool in latin?

JR
I'm not sure, but I think it may be related to Bovis Posit.
tipping cows?

Fool in latin = stulte
Phool in latin = phool

according to the WWW

JR

JohnRoberts said:
Matt Nolan said:
JohnRoberts said:
ricardo said:
Let's start the Church of the Pinnae Stannum ...  far superior to dem deaf Pinnae Aurum crowd  8)
I knew studying Latin would be good for something but how do you say phool in latin?

JR
tipping cows?

Fool in latin = stulte
Phool in latin = phool

according to the WWW

JR
Well, I'm not educated in Latin myself. I'm taking this on faith from someone else (so could be wrong) - "that which cows put" (I think you can deduce the inference)

Matt Nolan said:
JohnRoberts said:
Matt Nolan said:
JohnRoberts said:
ricardo said:

JR
tipping cows?

Fool in latin = stulte
Phool in latin = phool

according to the WWW

JR
Well, I'm not educated in Latin myself. I'm taking this on faith from someone else (so could be wrong) - "that which cows put" (I think you can deduce the inference)
bovem stercore = (BS)

I was looking for a variant on stulte (fool), while not very seriously.  I don't recall discussing words like this when I studied Latin in the 60s.

JR

The AD823 is an FET input amp. The input noise is on the order of 16mv. It is best used for make up gain & an output driver. It is a dual opamp, low distortion & very clean neutral sound quality. I am using it as the make up gain/output device for my new dedicated MC precision preamp design. Bruno 2000 uses it following a THAT 1510 mike preamp for his remote truck.

> noise is on the order of 16mv.

Seems high. (-33dBu?)

Probably the internet ate your micro/nano.

16 nV/√Hz  --- from the datasheet.

2 micro Volt across 20KHz. High for preamp inputs, generally fine anywhere after the preamp.

Back