Frank and frontpanel.de

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have waited 3 months for a couples of DOAs and also with bad comunication, everything went good at the end but of course I was not happy.  DIY is kind of a second job for many, it is kind of normal some delay.

rob_gould said:
If youre not keen on sometimes having to wait a few days for a reply, your option next time is to go to Schaeffer. They're a bigger company with more staff and are probably able to reply more quickly.  They are also 1/3 more expensive and don't offer any design assistance as part of their service. They also don't do anodising on the edge of any panel material supplied by them.

This is the best advice you'll receive,

In the past i contacted Frank for some panels to be made and after a couple mails he disappeared for a week, sent again my final design for ordering and no answer from him so i ordered Schaeffer and i cannot regret, they also resolve some doubts i got.
For the DIY spirit I contacted Frank again for a new front panel but this time there was no answer so i ordered Schaeffer again.

I know DIY is sometimes a second job or a hobby beside full-time jobs but i can't wait for a month with a working unit on my bench.

Despite of that I appreciate Frank's panels

I need to say that I've got no problems with Frank, he's always quick to answer my emails, even with short replies. And I've hassled his ass about future projects that never came to plan many times! I always got a friendly reply!!

But if I were on a holiday I would not answer emails with angry content either... leave it for later!

Frank has been a fountain of help, and some of the projects he's undertaken over the years have caused me to raise my eyebrows and murmur "wow!" at the screen on any number of occasions.

Just a couple of months ago, I had to do some emergency repairs on a Harrison 4032 for an EXTREMELY high-profile client. (yes, that's the fella!) and I found myself thinking that Frank had made some edge connector ID tags which might help me out, so I contacted him out of the blue...

The help I got in return was so fantastic that -without even realizing it- Frank led me RIGHT to the problem (and it was a weird one!) and he followed up by emailing me some other work he'd done on the modules.

He's an absolute treasure to the DIY community, and I would like to take this opportunity to declare my appreociation for how much he's done over the years.

WE LOVE FRANK!!!

Keef

Keith i remember you told me that if Frank say i will build that he actually build it.  it is so true, from a cocacola machine that have beer and he can control it with his celphone to the macdonalds look of the kitchen at his studio.

12afael said:
Keith i remember you told me that if Frank say i will build that he actually build it.  it is so true, from a cocacola machine that have beer and he can control it with his celphone to the macdonalds look of the kitchen at his studio.

+ 2kW subwoofers built into the studio-lounge sofa

I´ll right now raise a beer on Frank. Prost!

Hello All,

Keef wrote :

" He's an absolute treasure to the DIY community, and I would like to take this opportunity to declare my appreociation for how much he's done over the years.

WE LOVE FRANK!!!

I can't agree more !
Many thanks, Frank, for you help along the years... and keep up the good works !
Best,
Guy

Latest posts

Back