Front Panel Designer 4.0

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dissonantstring

just FYI,
for all who use FPE, i got an email stating that the release of front panel designer 4.0 is set for April 12.
version 4.0 has the following:

- offer you even more design flexibility

- allow you to import dxf contours for inner and outer shapes

- reduce our standard lead time to 5 business days

- be compatible with Mac OS X.

i know many were wondering when schaeffer would get around to releasing a Mac version, so here it is.

also note that FPE will only accept orders designed in FPD 3.5 before April 12 (i take this as meaning up until April 11).

also remember that Chae has his laser engraving services in the White Market, but not sure if he will be able to take FPD v4.0 files for panel engraving for Mac users.

kind regards,
grant

owel said:
You forgot the most important thing....

After April 12 release of new software, prices go up 8%

hey owel,
i assume that you deal with them quite a bit with your product panels so you have the inside on the new pricing.  i didn't mention the price increase because it is not noted on the announcement email nor on their website (as far as i looked).  

even more reason to go with Chae for engraving panels.  i wonder if Chae would consider getting the new v4.0 upgrade with the dxf. conversion for Macs if there was enough interest.  i do my FPD files on PC so this thread is just an FYI as i know there has been a want for this in the past.

at any rate, at least there's finally an option for Mac users after all this time.  nothing against FPE, i think they are great people and do a great job. 
kind regards,
grant

it is not noted on the announcement email nor on their website (as far as i looked). 

That's weird... maybe they removed them later on.. on my version, at the right column of the email (I got it 3/22), there's a section "Good to Know" that says underneath:

If you would like to place an order with the current Front Panel Designer 3.5 pricing, you would have to order before April 12.
Prices will be updated in the new version by 8%.

I'm on PPC mac, and currently use Virtual PC to run their FPD program.

oops! :-[
you are so very correct owel!  i did take a third look at that column and it said exactly that.
sorry for any mis-information.  thanks for clearing that up owel!
kind regards,
grant

Latest posts

Back