• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Dimension D (1RU) clone (TB Audio/Brian Horvitz) * SOLD *

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fazeka

Hi all,

Up for your consideration is a TBDD (TB Audio) Dimension D clone.

This is not the 500 series version but the rack version. 1RU height!

I don't believe Brian ever made any rack versions for sale. AFAIK, the TBDDs he assembled and sold were all 500 series. IIRC, the rack units were available as a mini-kit (i.e., PCB and a few of the ICs) only.

I doubt there were many of these sold/built. I only know of one other.

Feature-wise, the TBDD has a few additional niceties lacking on the originals: an input switch to use with mono (left) input or stereo input sources, a dry/wet blend pot and a true bypass.

There is a 1/4" phone jack on the back to accept a remote footswitch, like the originals.

I have this wired for balanced inputs, though it can be modded for unbalanced inputs. A build guide and diagram goes along with the units. The calibration procedure is included in the build guide.

This has stayed in my pet-/smoke-/child-free, climate-controlled home studio rack only for the last 5 years. I used one on one project two years ago and it delivered!

SOLD!

References are available upon request.

Latest posts

Back