• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS - JLM LA-500a, fully asembled

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

finbase

Howdy!

For sale the great JLM LA-500a v1 opto compressor. Works great, the soldering is done well, all in all in mint condition. Unfortunately not 51x compatible anymore, the extra pins are snapped off from the PCB.The pics will be provided when asked, of course!!

I paid for the kit roughly 450€ (kit + shipping + customs and taxes). I'll ask 400€ for it + the shipping.

Great little thingie, I really really enjoy the sound. I'm selling this one 'cause I just built a stereo pair. Three is an overkill.

When the input level is kept moderate LA-500a is very transparent. Excellent for gentle peak levelling. Adds just a hair of brightness and sheen. But the real fun starts when the input is abused... When driven hard the LA-500a is capable of very addictive tacky, squeezy, gooey and almost tape-like saturation. It's hard to describe, it just sounds very "optic". Unique colour that at least I can't achieve with any other equipment I have.

I love it on bass, guitars (especially acoustics), drums (bus, kick and toms, some snares too), drum-like percussion, old school "Wonderisque" synth sounds, on some vocals. In general on sources that has already some body and just need some of that gooey character.

If interested send me a PM.

Latest posts

Back