G bus compressor wet/dry circuit

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mushanokoji

Hello to everyone
I'm looking for Wer/Dry schematics for typical Gyraf audio G Bus Compressor clone

Thank you for help

Well my version of ssl is based on original schematics, so I don't want to add any external circuits witch is not the way I want to do that
My version is 10k input, 300R output, 10VCA's total inside, and you board is just something I don't want to use in that project
I just want to operate inside the circuit, not outside
Don't get me wrong, you have very nice products, M/S, width control etc, it's just in my case yours wet/dry won't work for me

I'm confused. You don't want to add external circuitry, but you do want to add wet/dry circuitry...? Maybe I'm losing something in the semantics here. Are you saying you want only "original" circuitry (in which case you'd need to get ahold of whatever schematic SSL uses to implement it on their more recent versions of their bus compressors, which didn't exist in the original anyway), or you don't want the wet/dry function to be controlled from a second standalone device? If the latter, why not just hook up one of Wayne's boards inside the enclosure as he suggested? You'd be doing exactly the same if you went with any of the options mentioned here (Send-n-Blend, Crush-n-Blend), or even SSL's or your own circuitry...

@JMan Yes, I was confused by this as well. I agree, I would also use Wayne's board within the same enclosure as the compressor. It's very well designed and would do the job perfectly.

Topic cloed
I done it, everything is inside the circiut, it don't mess with the input and output impedance
Is inside the circuit as it should be done, it don't mess with the sound
It took me over one month to design it.
Pure, simple, perfect

Thank you

Great, congratulations! If you're prepared to share it, I'd love to see your solution to better understand the constraints you were working under. For what it's worth, I don't see any reason why the Ka Electronics wet / dry blend would affect the sound of the GSSL circuit in any way.

Topic cloed
I done it, everything is inside the circiut, it don't mess with the input and output impedance
Is inside the circuit as it should be done, it don't mess with the sound
It took me over one month to design it.
Pure, simple, perfect

Thank you

I hope you didn't implement it as per Soundskulptor's CP4500 as that is simply not a dry/wet circuit. Rather a ratio modifier.

Latest posts

Back