G1176 North American parts list?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KDawg and Zee1usa,
Thanks for the quick responses about the transformer...at least now I feel like I have some options. I have been doing some reading, I now see why you guys chose to use the toriodal types (I am guessings its for the smaller magnetic strayfield).
-Chris

POWER SUPPLY TRANSFORMER 2X24V/500mA TE62052-ND 16.25 Digikey 16.25 *

Is the above power transformer correct? If you look it up on digikey, it says:

TRANSFRMR TOROID 12V 1.25A WIRES

Are you getting 24v by combining the primary and secondary?? :?: :?:

[quote author="tubejay"]POWER SUPPLY TRANSFORMER 2X24V/500mA TE62052-ND 16.25 Digikey 16.25 *

Is the above power transformer correct? If you look it up on digikey, it says:

TRANSFRMR TOROID 12V 1.25A WIRES

Are you getting 24v by combining the primary and secondary?? :?: :?:[/quote]

Hey Tubejay - that was the source of my confusion in the other thread. It happens I have one of those 22-0-22 toroids, so I'll use that. Anybody need a Digikey 12-0-12 toroid? I'm sure I'll find some use for it. :green:

Thanks guys!

Hey fallout, can you edit your original thread to show the following for the transformer digikey numbers?

TE62045-ND 2x24(22)@.5A 10VA
TE62055-ND 2x24(22)@.6A 15VA

I think a lot of people are relying on your component list (because it's so damn good) and it seems that the transformer listed isn't correct. Isn't the one you have listed the one that's used on the SSL buss comp?

Thanks again to everyone, fallout, you've saved me LOADS of time!!

[quote author="Svart"]i also have a TE62052 2x12 if anyone wants it![/quote]

Hey! I asked first!! :green:

Svart, we might have to design a project for them.

:sam:

[quote author="Greg"]With the exception of 1K1 resistor, which is specified as a 1W resistor, is 1/4W or 1/2W preferred for the 1176? I plan to order 1% metal films.[/quote]

I was unable to get this one from mouser. The only 1W 1.1k resistor I can find is a 5% tolerance Metal Oxide Film resistor. Anyone know if this is acceptable? Here's the digikey part number:

1.1KW-1-ND

Thanks,

Jay

Hey Guys,
Thanks for all the replies in this thread...although most of this conversation was 6th months ago, I FINALLY have my G1176 up and running...sort of. I have sound getting from input to output..and it sounds pretty decent...and I've been learning like crazy. Here are the probs:

The meter will show the signal as expected when set to what I presume is the "VU" setting (no input, meter is far left..with signal moves to the right) but with it in "GR" setting, I can zero it..and I've played with Q-bias etc...but when the meter does move, instead of moving to the left, it moves to the right....as if its somehow set backwards....is this something that would be fixed if adjusted correctly or is there a connection wrong?

The meter does nothing when set to bypass (on meter switch)...it doesn't even show the signal coming through...is this normal? Also, what is "VU", is it showing me the unaffected input signal level...or the (hopefully) compressed output signal level?

The switches listed on this list here is this thread are not number compatible with the board (that I bought from Gustav)...any probs with that?..they fit fine.

I really can't tell if the sound i hear coming from the compressor (after playing with q-bias) is the sound of compression, or just distorting the input and/or output transformers (which seems to sound good anyway :grin: ). My only experience is with the 1176 plugin from Universal Audio...but I really think something just isn't right if I have my doubts as to whether its compressing or not.

One more thing: why does the ratio have 6 positions??? My software version has the 4 ratios (4:1, 8:1, 12:1, and 20:1).

Please help me cause I am dying to get this thing rocking!!

Thanks!
-Chris

oh yea..I have tried calibrate the unit because I dont know if its working at all...and I have yet to buy a signal generator. I read past advice on this....but any more specific advice would be nice.

Tubejay, while I would suspect that the resistor you sourced from Digikey would work for the G1176, I used a 1 watt 1.1k (5%) metal film from Mouser (mouser part number 594-5073NW1K100J) .

Does anyone have a Mouser part number for the correct power transformer?

Is there a reason we're ordering the transformer from Digikey?

Just wondering, Kato

So have folks had success with the 22-0-22 transformer?

If not, I just saw the post about the 24-0-24 transformer from parts express for $5!! CHEAP!

Are you saying that the 24V one doesn't have enought VA

Or that the 22V one doesn't have enough volts?

I've the Amveco 22-0-22 from Digikey that specified in my parts list (somewhere in this thread) and it works fine... it even has enough juice to power the bulb for the Sifma. Make sure the get the 24V bulb option.

[quote author="thedug"]Are you saying that the 24V one doesn't have enought VA

Or that the 22V one doesn't have enough volts?[/quote]

I'm a newb so don't take anything I say as fact.

But my understanding is that you can use the amveco mentioned in this thread from Digikey just fine for the 1176.

But the 24-0-24 in the "a cheap toroid" thread - after regulation will give you 15v. I'm just basing this off the posts in that thread and not on any actual knowledge :)

If you can find a way to use these for the 1176, let me know! I'll buy a bunch more...

almost done with an Excel spreadsheet in the style of Greg Steins (actually using his G*s*s*l sheet as a template)

can anyone host the xls file???

Greg, can you post a link to your 1176 parts list?
I have a copy printed at home - but I'm finding it impossible to find by doing a search here. It's an excellent resource and would be perfectly appropriate to this thread. :)

Thanks, Kato

You can get it from here... there might some other useful info. The site still has many dead links. It's a start, though.

http://members.cox.net/capstanrecording/DIY/G1176.html

Latest posts

Back