G1176 North American parts list?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Greg,

I'm trying to flush out a parts list for a single G1176 based on the latest MNATS board. I've got four parts lists now! :shock:

the one on the beginning of this thread, gyraf's, mnats and now this one...

There are a few discrepancies/differences...

i'm boggled! which should I use with the latest MNATS board?

I as well need to develop a parts list for the Mnats pcbs [ i should
check his website ! ]

Mouser is not cheap to get here in Canada but Digikey works well , there is also electrosonic in Toronto .

any help appreciated , regards Greg

My parts list is specifically for Gyraf's original design. I haven't built mnat's version, but I don't think he changed any components, unless you decide to go with the switch bank instead of the rotaries. In his version, he got rid of the ground loop(s), changed the output transformer termination for more gain, changed the footprint for the output transistors, and perhaps a few more things...

If your working from mnats boards, read his site and I'm sure there's a ton of info there about what parts are needed. What differences are you finding in the parts list?

One thing that MNATS may be missing is the 500k/470K trim pot. I wonder what this one is for?

I think i will just go off of your order list, Greg.

Make sure you buy extra BF245... you'll need to match a pair.

Regarding the trimpot (R54 on mnats boards), mnats specified a 100K. This is the value that is on the actual schematic. Jakob may have changed that to 470K to allow a greater range for calibrating... I don't know really. Buy one of each to be on the safe side if you want. And this pot is used to calibrate the meter.

Good luck building... this comp rocks.

I found Greg's list invaluable in getting the parts for the mnats board.
You should expect to do both a Mouser order and a Digikey order to get everything. Greg's BOM has plenty of items from both suppliers (unless he's changed it since I printed it last year.)

Be aware, the mnats BOM that he shipped with the original "G" rev boards had an error. Throw it away and print a corrected one from his website.

I still haven't found the Sifam meter yet though. Is there anyway to order one without having to speak to a human on the phone?

Kato

i am making an MNATS and GYRAF compatable list. with notes for what parts are not needed for which.

but i got slammed with more Film work.. so it might be a week or 2

kato, did you try Canford? I just bought a PPM from then and shipping was 9GBP. I did it through e-mail and it was quick, easy, and painless.

IIRC, this is the meter for G1176:
http://www.canford.co.uk/commerce/productdetails.aspx?productid=58-382

The lamp kit is seperate... just search for Sifam and it should come up.

I looked at canford for the meter and the 2 lundahls. $149 (depending on exchange rate) for the meter and 2 trannies

The meter and lundahl is backordered as of today, october 12th. There's a pretty good savings if you're prepared to wait, like $20. I'm comparing to K&K and meterdistrobution.com

hi.
i just check the canford site and it says for international orders you should contact them first via telephone or email. should i do this first, or can i just place the order via internet? greg? bradb? anyone in north america who has ordered from canford previously?
thanks.
-grant

yes, you've got to request a quote and order via email.

A general question for everyone, did it take a REALLY long time to get ALL of your parts in? With things backordered everywhere, it seems like I won't get everything until the end of november (1.5 months from now).

-bb

thanks bradb.
i know what you mean, but i guess waiting on parts is part of the thrill in DIY. :wink: i guess the question is...wait for 1-1/2 months and save $20 or pay the extra twenty and still get it at the same time. at least it leaves you time to re-check all your connections on your project or....plan on doing more projects! :green:
regards,
grant

Quick question,

The 1n4003 diodes are on backorder from Mouser until DECEMBER 26 ......incredible.

I'm going with the Digikey glass passivated ones: part number: 1N4003GDICT-ND

is this ok?

thanks all

hi bradb,
i haven't been doing DIY for that long, but i believe that the digikey
part should work just fine. both are the same specs, but i believe that you
have to order 10 minimum from digikey. always good to have spares.
heck, i just went to a surplus store and bought some old stock motorola 1N4003s off the shelf and they worked fine. it's always good to only place the components needed for the power supply and test your voltages before adding critical parts per mnats website (then you won't fry up anything unnecessarily).
regards,
grant

thanks for the canford link greg. I will order from them.
I was planning to get it from newarkinone.com but it seems significantly more expensive from there.

Is this the correct light? Festoon? I have no idea what festoon means:
http://www.canford.co.uk/commerce/productdetails.aspx?productid=58-385

The lundahl input from K&K is now $58 (up from 55.)
After $7 shipping (for 2), that's pretty expensive. Probably worth the wait if you can save some money on imports.

I was surprised how tiny they are. Ended up paying $123 for 2 little transformers. I'm having second thoughts about their worth. That's a lot of dough for an optional part. Oh well, too late to have second thoughts now, they've already arrived...

Kate

I just ordered the 2 lundahls and the sifam from Canford, one tranny is in and the meter and other tranny are backordered until mid to late november, BUMMER.

its not as bad as the toroidal tranny from Digikey, 19week backorder as of now. im going to just get the avel lindberg for $23 plus shipping.

I'm thinking of adding the SIFAM lamp kit to my canford order.. but they only have the 12V version. Is this ok? Did anyone get this and do some stepping down with resistors?

or does Canford have an unlisted 24V version of the sifam kit?

What about just taking an Christmas light and glue-gunning it to the top of the meter? Cheaper, easier, etc...

-bb

Back