Geoff Tanner - NEVE Technical Information Sheets on Mixing desks desing

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a pair of PDF docs I bought form Geoff Tanner a few years back when I was refurbing my Neve 5432. Somehow I lost the password to the PDFs so I can no longer open them. Sent emails but no response. If anyone has the PDF passwords, could you PM them to me please?
Are the docs his own notes and recommendations or just the manual, schematics, etc? The latter are readily available. -Mike

I have a pair of PDF docs I bought form Geoff Tanner a few years back when I was refurbing my Neve 5432. Somehow I lost the password to the PDFs so I can no longer open them. Sent emails but no response. If anyone has the PDF passwords, could you PM them to me please?
You can use a Brute-Force Dictionary prog to find YOUR password and open the PDF. These tools are readily available and legal for opening files you personally own. Stay lucky

I was able to get in contact with him.
And the technical information I purchased was not password protected.
I hope this is helpful.
At least I was able to contact him and received a reply soon.
You might want to ask him for the password.

I was able to get in contact with him.
And the technical information I purchased was not password protected.
I hope this is helpful.
At least I was able to contact him and received a reply soon.
You might want to ask him for the password.
Yes, I did try contact him on his email and on GearSpace but no go.

This is not the OP, but another member who says they bought "a pair of PDF docs". I thought it might be a different set of documents. I'm sure they can answer this for us.
Yes, one was a manual for the 5432, this one I can still open. The other one was his own collection of notes, tips, mods and some pertinent theory. I remember this one being very informative. The 5432 in question was bought by me about 10 years ago and i took advantage of lockdown to recap it completely—also built a new PSU for it. It really sings now.

I contacted Geoff on FB and he got back to me within minutes. I sent him payment for the download link that same day, and have been waiting almost a month and still no link! :(

His last post on his personal page on Facebook, about a teethless dog, was on March, 1st. So he is not ill, I guess.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back