Gold star studios console

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Here are some pictures of the console from goldstar studios as it sits in the rock and roll museum in Cleveland.
From looking at the modules, I wonder if they are universal 100D modules with the eq. 🤔

Attachments

• IMG_7768.jpeg
    IMG_7768.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7767.jpeg
    IMG_7767.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_7766.jpeg
    IMG_7766.jpeg
    204.8 KB · Views: 2
interesting Pucho. It could be with that side car. What an era of music that console has seen.

I always heard about the special reverb chamber from gold star. I think I mentioned this before, it was interesting when Neil mentioned (in his book) it’s a meat locker with panels that could be disassembled and was for sale when the studio shut down.

interesting Pucho. It could be with that side car. What an era of music that console has seen.

I always heard about the special reverb chamber from gold star. I think I mentioned this before, it was interesting when Neil mentioned (in his book) it’s a meat locker with panels that could be disassembled and was for sale when the studio shut down.
This would have been the early 60s console that saw the Tijuana brass, Phil Spector, and other artists of that early 60s era. From the sidecar of EQ, the way it’s laid out, has me thinking it’s the 100 D and subsequent EQ that went with it. This was a custom job for Goldstar at the time. On a sidenote, at one point in the consoles history, it developed the fault. The fault wasn’t noticeable when it first happened because all console operation seem to be OK but one particular day one of the engineers at goldstar happen to be driving down the street from the studio and fiddling with the radio. In flipping through the Dial, he picked up what was going on in the studio at the time. Somehow the desk was broadcasting, low level signal on the am dial. 😂🤣

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back