Golden opamp?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At least that "oracle II is supposed to be a "hybrid", so yes, probably a common monolytic op amp with added output transformer pair or something along those lines...

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/opa/oracle-ii-01-discrete-single-opa-dip8-unit-p-17534.html

This would explain the low price. I once bought a fully discrete DIP8 op amp from Aliexpress. It didn't work.
Check specs
Operational voltage
+/-20vdc so that limits which chips would go in it.
I suspect a 5534 with transistor output pair

Of course, they're all crooks, scammers and idiots...

It's amazing how smart people still fall for the propaganda machine.

I think 741's are going to make a comeback in the vintage sound market

They're also not that creative, the crooks & scammers. cheaper & easier to copy than innovate. Like I said, the sellers on Aliexpress are good at making things look good. A lot of people waste money on lotto's so they hope , maybe..... it does come from the same factory, probably not. I bought a gtr that arrived and looked exactly like the picture and the picture looked good but in person you see the details and feel. It was about worth what I paid for it and we now have the term " wall hanger " It's not going to fail in the field because most buyers are home players.

Back