Golden opamp?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you site some examples of " original " chinese design or IP? Especially off of Alimarket they sell a lot of knockoffs. You're supposed to think it's coming from the same factory but my experience is that they spend most of the attention on the appearance that they've borrowed.

i think it would be worth the price for that unique bile.

"The V4i-D dual op amp is a member of the HiFi series audio dedicated op amps.
Advanced dual op amp, ideal for enthusiasts to upgrade the original equipment standard
OPA2604AP, NE5532P, 4558D, LME49720NA, etc., V4i-D sound
Warm, natural, mellow, with a unique bile and good hearing resistance."

i think it would be worth the price for that unique bile.

"The V4i-D dual op amp is a member of the HiFi series audio dedicated op amps.
Advanced dual op amp, ideal for enthusiasts to upgrade the original equipment standard
OPA2604AP, NE5532P, 4558D, LME49720NA, etc., V4i-D sound
Warm, natural, mellow, with a unique bile and good hearing resistance."

I'm curious what a "unique bile" sounds like...

In case it doesn't work you can always ask you dentist to put it in your mouth, I suppose... maybe then you'll taste a "unique bile"...

Can you site some examples of " original " chinese design or IP? Especially off of Alimarket they sell a lot of knockoffs. You're supposed to think it's coming from the same factory but my experience is that they spend most of the attention on the appearance that they've borrowed.

How many American devices are just expensive rebadged Chinese designs?

I have a Sinbosen DSP controller (designed in China) here that's also sold under a few US brands. There's even one of them that labels it as "Made in USA". The only difference is that their software looks better and they produced a nice manual. There's one hardware difference: the Sinbosen has a USB A port, so you need a crossed USB A to USB A cable to hook it up to the computer. How they imagined this to work is the question. The rebranded ones have a USB B port.

The US rebrands are five to ten times as expensive though...

Not everything out of China is junk and not everything is a copy. AKG mics are Chinese. Mackie is Chinese. JBL is Chinese. The Hifi speakers come from Denmark, just the high-end speakers are still made in the USA. And none of those are designed in the USA.

If this opamp thingy is a copy, I've never seen the original. Of course it's audio phoolery. But stolen?

How many American devices are just expensive rebadged Chinese designs?

I have a Sinbosen DSP controller (designed in China) here that's also sold under a few US brands. There's even one of them that labels it as "Made in USA". The only difference is that their software looks better and they produced a nice manual. There's one hardware difference: the Sinbosen has a USB A port, so you need a crossed USB A to USB A cable to hook it up to the computer. How they imagined this to work is the question. The rebranded ones have a USB B port.

The US rebrands are five to ten times as expensive though...

Not everything out of China is junk and not everything is a copy. AKG mics are Chinese. Mackie is Chinese. JBL is Chinese. The Hifi speakers come from Denmark, just the high-end speakers are still made in the USA. And none of those are designed in the USA.

If this opamp thingy is a copy, I've never seen the original. Of course it's audio phoolery. But stolen?
Last century while I was in Hong Kong working with a large Chinese OEM, the technical director (an American) shared with me that he had 100 Chinese DSP engineers working in lab that could reverse engineer any SKU he gave them. At the time he bragged to me about reverse engineering a complex dolby theater audio algorithm.

Of course not every single SKU coming from there is a copy, but how many projects here are novel? 🤔

JR

I don't think there's a design involved here, they don't even get the brand labeling right.

This looks more like somebody is epoxying "vintage sound" TL072 in metal casings.

It doesn't really matter, does it?

I mean, the Behringer ADA8000, fi was designed by RME Engineers. Germans. Yet it still is a Chinese product. These days, Ulli has his own city, with two universities. The engineers that come out of those universities can't be all bad, I think.

I like old stuff, like Ramsa (Panasonic). Ramsa was very important to Matsushita. Yet some of the speakers were made in China. Ramsa was a failure. The market was already too crowded. I don't think these Chinese made speakers were what made them fail.

this "golden" (is it real gold? ;-) opamp might fool some hifi enthousiasts, but we all know it isn't that simple.

I don't think there's a design involved here, they don't even get the brand labeling right.

This looks more like somebody is epoxying "vintage sound" TL072 in metal casings.
At least that "oracle II is supposed to be a "hybrid", so yes, probably a common monolytic op amp with added output transistor pair or something along those lines...

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/opa/oracle-ii-01-discrete-single-opa-dip8-unit-p-17534.html

This would explain the low price. I once bought a fully discrete DIP8 op amp from Aliexpress. It didn't work.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back