Greetings from France

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodv92

Hi !
I recently stumbled into GroupDIY in my research on electronics forums communities...
I worked in IT until 2017 and then shifted whole heartedly into electronics.
In the last three years, I've been first working on an Arduino Controlled MIDI monophonic synthesizer (with X9C10x digipots) and obtained a basic breadboard prototype.
However such a project was a little too time (and space) consuming, so I switched to projects that can be reasonably considered done in less than 6 months.
But I learned a lot about MAX038 and XR-2206 VCOs. IC, Hardsync, and OpAmp building blocks, as well as current sources/sinks to control frequency.
There was quite some coding too on the Arduino.
Then I moved into a whole different subject with an interest on switched mode power supplies and inverters, and power quality monitoring (learned a bit about MODBUS). This was mainly for learning and designing purposes, and did not move beyond the breadboard stage.
Alas, As I am frequently on the move, I have access to computers for Ltspice but not always to an electronics bench.
And to give myself some break with electrical engineering, lastly I am learning the various designs of VCA audio compressors. This seems a right balance in terms of project complexity compared to a synthesizer.
As a side hobby, I've done a bit of music on Renoise, after I was introduced to tracker music composition by a work colleague in 2011, and the world of VST synths and plugins.

ps: Seems like there are an influx from France recently and other new members with a background in electrical engineering, that's interesting...

Back