Greetings from beautiful San Luis Obispo, California!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello! Pleasure to be here. I've been reading and learning from the knowledgeable folks here at GroupDIY for quite some time as it always shows up in my Google searches whenever I inevitably have a curiosity or problem I'm looking for deeper understanding of.

After having some wonderful conversations at NAMM this year (Gyraf and Marik, truly a pleasure to learn from you! I was the gentleman with the long blond hair and beard hanging around the booths asking questions), it inspired me to take a more active interest in the community aspect here. I'm looking to take on a few more electronics DIY projects and continue to learn here, as well as hopefully contribute over time to this vast and invaluable resource. My time is usually split between recording/mixing/mastering in my small coastal region, alongside building guitars (resonators usually).

I'm interested in all electronics related to music and attempt to approach the balance between what my ears say and what my brain seeks answers to with as little dogma as I can get away with. In particular, I quite enjoy microphones. Their lineage/historical attributes, innovation, their beauty (and sometimes ugliness) appeal to me as both a studio engineer and appreciator of well built tools. With any luck, this forum will cause me to unwisely (for my wallet) carry a similar interest towards a more broad spectrum of outboard gear.

Looking forward to taking a look around and trying some good ol fashioned DIYing :)

Latest posts

Back