GroupDIY Bridge compressor.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveP said:
After six years we now have a result!

The GroupDIY 26C compressor has been sold to an American DJ who has pronounced it "Awesome"!

After all expenses have been paid, Doug Williams will be sending Ethan $400 for the forum.

In an effort to curb the impatience of my youth, my Dad used to say, "Everything comes to those who wait".

Turns out he was right!

Best wishes to all the contributors to this thread, this was for you.

best
DaveP

Very cool guys

And three years later it shows up at my door for maintenance!

Biggest issue was a broken solder joint in the PSU (see pic). I redid a few more in there for preventative maintenance. Tested all tubes and they were strong and generally well matched. One 6SJ7 was very microphonic to the point where it caused acoustic feedback when I turned up my monitors! Replaced with a NOS tube that was much quieter.

After a bit more visual inspection and admiration I powered it up and I have to say this thing sounds great! I have serviced the "real deal" and this unit sounds better than some vintage pieces.

It was very cool to see this in person after following the thread here. I'm honored to have had a hand in keeping it maintained for the future. Much respect to DaveP for the enormous effort that clearly went into this project, and cheers to EMRR for all of his refinements!

-Mike

Attachments

• 26c.jpg
    26c.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 41

Latest posts

Back