hairball audio, lola pre amp issues

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

help with fixing lola pre amp?

• How do I find the issue with my lola preamp ?

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • What are usual problems you have had with putting together lola pre amp?

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

cengle333

Hi I have been building a lola mic pre amp and have gotten to the end of the main pcb installation. In the guide it says to test it out so that's exactly what I did. The led lights came on when I pushed the buttons but when I tried to connect a condensor, a 57 and a guitar, none of them worked or showed any signal. I went over all the steps and everything seems to be in place correctly but I did take note of a few things that I saw when I was putting the pcb together. One on the resistors brown and purple seem to be mixed up because when I use the website to calculate the colors purple can never be the last color but if I make it Brown then it adds up perfectly. That is a problem since it is clearly purple but after eliminating all the  other resistors I must assume they either sent the wrong ones or used the wrong paint. Then I also noticed some of the colors that were suppose to have a .01 tolerance, have a 1 % tolerance according to the color code. Lastly I noticed they said to ignore the slots at the top of the board labeled opt c and opt r if you're using jh 990's but mine came with je 990s so I am unsure if that means anything. Any advice helps, appreciate it!

I'm going to re-post this in the Lola help thread here:
http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=47671.0

let's use the official help thread to get this sorted.

Thanks,

Mike

Latest posts

Back