Wolfbox DI

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am no bass player but here it is anyway: RE-303 -> Asheville Music Tool ADG-1SE -> Avedis MA5 -> Mytek 8x192. It starts with square and then switches to square wave. Can you tell which is which? There is a slight volume difference due to a small difference in turn ratio.

Attachments

• o1_a11j.wav
    41.7 MB
I've read that molybdenum is the ingredient in the laminations of that era of Triad's small-signal transformers that is adding the enhancement that we all love (or don't).

If you've ever wondered what's inside, here you are...

I had a handful of these and one had a broken mount with a few damaged wires, this was not a CJ crime scene, the gem inside was rescued. It's a 2 can affair, the outer can, the copper (or bronze, can't tell) band, the inner can, as the book indicates, and a little bit of wax.

Sad that a Sescom box had to die in pursuit of the wolf... Certain of those Sescom boxes sound fantastic in their own right, unfortunately the cat's out of the baby blue bag. Replace the connectors and switches and they'll last another 45 years.

Here is the hard to find Sescom schematic should you realize that you want to put it back the way it was.

Attachments

• IMG_2192.jpeg
    IMG_2192.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Screen Shot 2024-06-14 at 11.51.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-06-14 at 11.51.54 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back