Has anyone here bought a capsule from Braingasm Labs?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Braingasm is using stock 3U capsules with rebrand on them.

Before you ask how do i know, check the pattern of the holes on their k87 on their Instagram profile. 3U is the only company making capsules with this pattern. The rest is obvious. Wires, screws, materials, tension rings, copper spacers...

Stam is also 3U.

Last edited:
Dachman supplies the same capsules yes. I'll send you a PM too
Does Dachman specificy what they carry? Cause there are dark K67s (hence Maiku's darker K67) and standard bright ones, then they also have the "bright" "CK12s", then the slightly darker (presence boost of 3.5 to 4dB) "CK12s" (which also explains Maiku's darker edge terminated ones if they do use 3U as I've heard).

Does Dachman specificy what they carry? Cause there are dark K67s (hence Maiku's darker K67) and standard bright ones, then they also have the "bright" "CK12s", then the slightly darker (presence boost of 3.5 to 4dB) "CK12s" (which also explains Maiku's darker edge terminated ones if they do use 3U as I've heard).
Not AFAIK. You could email josh

Thank you @kingkorg. GroupDIY was a big part of how I got started on this journey. I will always do my best to be open and support however I can. If I can't divulge a source in the future for business reasons, I will just say that I can't share that info, but I imagine that will be far and few between. For things like capsules, transformers, or components that temporarily go out stock elsewhere, I am more than happy to help wherever I can. As mentioned above, I'm happy to offer GroupDIY members discounted pricing. In the end, the core of my business are the full DIY kits and I think most GroupDIY folks enjoy the process of pulling together the various components for a build themselves rather than an all-in-one kit like I offer, perhaps unless you're brand new to the DIY life.

Sorry if I've temporarily hijacked the thread. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Yes, Soliloqueen is correct. My capsules are sourced direct from 3U. I am happy to support the GroupDIY community by offering an unadvertised discount. Just PM me if you need something. I do not have the "dark" versions.
Is the K47 you have the Warbler MKIID one? Also agreed with the others, transparency is good and I'm more likely to buy from an honest seller of parts.

I'd absolutely be down to get a kit that's a fair price. It's kits that cost $500 for a $30 Chinese capsule and $50 of electronics that I personally have an issue with.

Braingasm is using stock 3U capsules with rebrand on them.

Before you ask how do i know, check the pattern of the holes on their k87 on their Instagram profile. 3U is the only company making capsules with this pattern. The rest is obvious. Wires, screws, materials, tension rings, copper spacers...

Stam is also 3U.
Is this really true? Or speculation?

I believe a big misunderstanding is going on here, and even it's an old thread I'd like to clarify.
I don't know who @alloitsjosh is, and I am the only owner of Braingasm Lab, a one-man company based in Rome, Italy, since 2010.
My microphones are original designs, and I have used several capsules during the years.
I actually use 3U backplates for all of my products, and I am behind the development of some of the 3U capsules since 2018

Latest posts

Back