Heiserman vs Maiku capsules

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Banzai said:
If you're willing to pay €300-€400 capsule, I'm pretty sure they'll work something out for you...

:)

For 300 to 400 euro ( tim and I are lower cost than this and so happy to help)!

I do have your m7 capsule on its way , and in the mail Dan.  Have a km84 type circuit tweaked  for large condenser that it's going in, sounds ok with a china 47 , should be great with your m7. 

Maiku 87 showing a  dip around 2-3k before the hf bump btw.

Tons of problems with my test set up, but I understand them, disregard upper and lower ends.....looks like about 2.5 k dip, not bad, but still, boosting 2-3 k, at a "q" about the size of the hole, sounds better than trying to cut the whole top end off,  and makes the hole worse, took awhile to understand this, using the mic amp eq, or mixing board, these dips suck until you know about where they are then you can work around it. 
Still working on high end eq of this mic ,  De-emphasis using a 500pf makes the valley almost vanish, but mic sounds honky, moving to 518pf, the valley returns but mic sounds better and moves peaks within 10db, sure looks more c-12 than u87 that way though.

Attachments

• IMG_2377.JPG
    IMG_2377.JPG
    998.3 KB · Views: 97
Exactly these dips drive me crazy. And reason why i like c12 style capsules better lately.

And the reason i finaly understand values of original Neumann k67. Among few other things.

Back