Hello everybody

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but there's >> "Ow, dagnabit that hurt..." << high voltage
then theres>> "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARH A FREIGHT TRAIN HAS JUST RIDDEN THROUGH MY TROUSEEEEEEEERS!!!" << high voltage.

Knitting anyone??????? :twisted:

chef

..and preferably a one-hand experience..

This can't be emphasized strong enough:

:!:

IF YOU EVER NEED TO WORK ON HIGH-VOLTAGE CIRCUITS WITH POWER ON - AND YOU WILL - THEN MAKE A STRONG HABIT OF USING ONLY ONE HAND. KEEP THE OTHER IN YOUR POCKET!

:!:

This lessens the risk of discharging psu caps through your heart - a condition it dosen't like..

Jakob E.

[quote author="kubi"][quote author="Swedish Chef"]AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARH A FREIGHT TRAIN HAS JUST RIDDEN THROUGH MY TROUSEEEEEEEERS!!!"[/quote]

Yeah, also known as the "never-again-touch-a-450V-cap-if-you-don't-know-for-sure-if-it's-discharged"-train.
A must have experience once in a lifetime - but only once!

kubi[/quote]

Naaah..I duno about that kubi..After a fatal brain damage last year I did it 3 times..still around, but not sure if it did any good to my situation.. :shock: But you´re right noo-one need to be as stupit as I am..

Kind regards

Peter

I prefer good ole fashined 240V AC
Insert "chef holding screwdriver, bulge eyed, body flapping like a flag in the wind..." emoticon here...
:shock:

[quote author="kubi"]I should have added some smileys to my last post to underline its ironic meaning. Of course nobody should touch a charged cap! Never!
I've been bitten once. Thanks god no permanent damage. No need for a second time.

Be careful!

kubi[/quote]

Noo need on my behalf...I got the ironic meaning..*GGG*... :grin: I think it was clear to see ..even without the smileys ;-)

Kind regards

Peter

HI,

Yeah, i hear you's all, i'm pretty aware of the dangers involved,that's why i came here, to get help from the pro's. I think i would prefer to stay away from valves for a first time build, just solid state, and simple please, if there's such a thing!? , these diagrams, my brain is fried already... :? ....thanks all :grin:

Al

Latest posts

Back