Hello front Vermont, USA

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garagescience

Hey Folks,

I’m a life-long tinkerer/experimenter with a background in music and sound design. A collector of analog synths before the originals became super expensive, I’ll probably ask some repair advice on those ! After a long hiatus from making my own “music”, I’m trying to carve out some time to do it again AND make some of my own gear. All I’ve done in DIY fashion electronically is make a Paia Fatman from a kit (a bit over zealous for a first kit), and a Paia Theremax theramin -both of which were about twenty years ago.

I like most types of music (and gear), but mostly I like making ambient soundscapes, sound track and contemporary electro acoustic music (which is fancy-talk for noises you’d hear in a cheesy horror movie!)

Among many other things, I’d like to find a nice (and cheap) kit for a THAT 1512 dual mic preamp or something similar.. ultra low noise, with 48v phantom and maybe battery powered. Is there such a thing?

Thank you!
My family used to spend a lot of time in VT visiting the Bennington area. There also used to be a place called Steamtown in Bellows Falls where they used to run live steam locomotives. We would usually go there once a year. I think they moved that to PA though. Still a beautiful area.
We lived in Bennington for a while. Had some neat spots, and had some good times.

Back