Help! Searching for API 312 files...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CheapChip

Hi everyone!
I'd like to build a dual API 312 pre with OEP trannies. My wish is building it from A to Z (self-etching PCB, etc...).
But here is my problem: all links I could find through the web were dead, no PDF of any complete project available!  :(
Has anyone archived something like this?

Thank you all!

Hey thanks Sredna!

But I already saw it and this layout is for 500 format. I'd rather like standard boards for a 1U rack.
So I need a preamp board layout, a PSU layout, a scheme and a BOM.
For example , it would be great if someone had the Fabio's R312_Rev3.PDF or such a thing. Every links I found were dead.

Though, thanks again!  ;)

Like this?

Beware of a design mistake in the PSU, the relay voltage is taken from the 48V rail.
It's better to use the other + rail, could be done with a simple cut + jumper.

Attachments

• psu312sch_v1.pdf
    33.7 KB · Views: 117
there's so few parts you could make it point to point
the a-z info , you may have to put together yourself , plenty of modern information
you can use to build as authentic an 312 as possible [ there never was an original a.p.i. " kit " ]

Wooow!
Exactly what I was looking for!
Many thanks to you, Sredna!

I prefer building it on PCB as a base for starting. I think it's clearer in case of mistake.

Time to etch!

Thanks again!  :D

You're welcome!  :)

But beware that the Reliqia312 project has many options and features that you may not need
(servo, relays, line in, hi Z in) so study the schematic and the threads to get an understanding of it
before you start building.

A way easier project ist the Access-312 from Jorge Aristondo (3nity), no self etching but very easy to build and excellent quality.

Hi, this is my first post.

Sorry for my noob question, is this pcb suitable for a 500 rack?

i own 2 oep a262a3e transformers and 2 jensen je123s outputs and i would like to build 2 500 series api preamps. Any tips?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 312_CLONE.jpg
    312_CLONE.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 27
okrevolver said:
Hi, this is my first post.

Sorry for my noob question, is this pcb suitable for a 500 rack?

i own 2 oep a262a3e transformers and 2 jensen je123s outputs and i would like to build 2 500 series api preamps. Any tips?

Thanks in advance.

Nope, that looks like a clone of the original 312 card. The pinouts aren't the same for a 500 series rack.

You CAN use it and wire up those terminations to standard VPR format on a 500 series edge connector adapter from Classic API and then mount it all on an L bracket.
Or just re-draw that file and re-route everything.

MountCyanide said:
You CAN use it and wire up those terminations to standard VPR format on a 500 series edge connector adapter from Classic API and then mount it all on an L bracket.
Or just re-draw that file and re-route everything.

Of course you CAN but whats the point when there's so many 500 series projects?

To learn!
And because he's asking on this thread and not on a VP312, Access, Bicycle, etc one. I'm assuming he (also assuming "he" as well) wants to do a raw project to get some dirty hands and a bit more satisfaction because yes, indeed, there's a ton of ready to go and well documented current projects that those transformers can be popped onto. I did a pair of whistle rock 312's but then after that I used these for a more primitive DIY from-scratch project to remove some training wheels. And learned a bunch from that. So I figure he's got the same itch.

Latest posts

Back