Help want my voice to sound like John Lennon Rubber Soul

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well then, can the uninitiated step in to??

I'm assuming i could use em for make-up on a passive summer(ing) box?

Tasty :thumb:

[quote author="Winston O'Boogie"]The EQ was passive with 2dB steps for +/- 10dB. Only 10dB total insertion loss even though it was a two band affair. [/quote]

I read EMI's written description of the circuit (never saw a schematic, though) and it sounded like the REDD EQ was similar in concept to the earlier Cinema Engineering and Langevin products: two bands sharing a single bridged-T attenuator section. So, instead of the 20dB insertion loss you'd get from two cascaded sections, there's only 10dB from the single section. It's a great idea, but not easily done with the rotary switches available off-the-shelf today--as anyone who's seen the schematic for the Langevin EQ-251A can verify!

[quote author="Winston O'Boogie"][quote author="rich"]What was the two band pop eq? Could you boost frequencies, was it like a Pultech etc...?[/quote]

Anyway, a simple but effective circuit:

http://members.aol.com/revorecording/REDD37and51EQ.pdf[/quote]

I tried the link, but AOL doesn't seem to think it's there.

Peace,
Paul

It isn't there. His whole home directory is gone.

Anybody get their REDD boards? It's been over 6 weeks already for me. Just wondering...

Winston is going thru some heavy shit, so don't expect anything until he gets some stuff taken care of.
And no, I don't know what the exact problem is, none of my bussiness, I just hope he makes it thru the tunnel.

I sure hope that John/David/Winston gets through OK. He's a great cat.

I tried to DL all the PDF's as well (REDD47, EQ, HT neon, etc) yesterday, to no avail. If someone would hook me up (nick at tyedye dot com) I'd be very, very grateful.

Thanks,

Nick

Latest posts

Back