He's really left the group this time...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
living sounds said:
I do honestly think that nobody has done more to belittle the office of the president than the current inhabitant of the White House. It's so blatantly obvious that there isn't even any need to show examples, we have all seen it day in and day out.

And policies? Like those: Build a wall and have Mexicon pay for it? Abolish health care for the most vulnerable? Massively increase the deficit (during an economic boom, none the less) by having the rich and corporations pay even lower taxes? Write love letters to dictators?

It's been a 5 year long absolute freak show now, and I sincerely hope the US (and by extension the world) can go back through the looking glass into a boring, rational, productive world.
Tired talking points but one more time for the cheap seats. The wall was mostly symbolic to discourage and make illegal transit more difficult. The unfettered illegal immigration has been dramatically reduced.

If Iran acquires nuclear weapons that won't be boring. North Korea returning to its pre-Trump bellicose posture will not be boring. Reversing the middle east peace agreements will not be boring.

You criticize the right for spending, but speaker Pelosi was demanding Trillions more (a bunch unrelated to Covid) for the stimulus bill she refused to negotiate. I expect a narrow targeted stimulus bill in the lame duck session but the new vaccine(s) may reduce the need for more massive stimulus.

Nobody is paying attention but the government funding authorization runs out in a few weeks. We'll see if anybody want to own another government shutdown (I doubt it)?

JR

JohnRoberts said:
The wall was mostly symbolic

In Europe, this is a what we call a "symbolic" Wall

bWiKZeZl.jpg

If it's merely symbolic, why bother encasing it in glass?    ::)

Could it be we easily forget the fragile balance struck between order and chaos? Truth is someone would come along with zero respect for what that wall was meant to represent, and would tag it up. Overwrite an important moment in time.

Remember the time when we craved opinions unlike our own and tried them out? (Art's paradise!)
It's the confidence that is embarrassing.

"Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge" -Jung

JohnRoberts said:
The wall was mostly symbolic to discourage and make illegal transit more difficult. The unfettered illegal immigration has been dramatically reduced.

Symbolic enough to indict Bannon for an illegal scheme.

I’d like to see those before/after numbers compared to previous administrations. Any idea where to begin to investigate that?

Regardless, I’m positive there’s more powerful/effective and humanitarian ways to handle the tough, complicated, and sad, obvious problem. I’m positive anyone of us can handle that better without trying, than he ever did. He could have, but have never moved passed that damn symbolic wall, which never worked and instead invited putrid attitude and behavior that somehow, half the American people were able to stomach, encouraging more.

Really, in all directions, encouraged, snowballing, putrid attitude and behavior is the Trump policy, (no matter the actual end-result) is the stain of Trump’s entire presidency in a nutshell.

“Winning” under these conditions is not the America or world I want to live in.

anyone of us can handle that better without trying, than he ever did. He could have, but have never moved passed that damn symbolic wall, which never worked and instead invited putrid attitude and behavior that somehow, half the American people
If criticism was any measure of how well the average person would do at running the country, half of us would probably be in reprogramming camps by now. No, I think T did a much better job than I could. B will do a better job than me too. Perhaps I think this way because I'm terrible at speaking internet. Internet is a bad language to learn.
It's like the inverse of the 4-D language in the movie Arrival. Once you learn it, you begin to make the past and future a one-sided, hyperbolic dumpster fire.  ;D

iN2IPdz.png

JohnRoberts said:
The wall was mostly symbolic to discourage and make illegal transit more difficult. The unfettered illegal immigration has been dramatically reduced.
JR

Interesting idea, but I think the slowdown is more likely due to the concentration camps, the family separations, the deportations, the asylum camps in Mexico, and the harsh tactics of ICE and CBP. 

The wall may actually have been more symbolic to a certain subset of Trump voters, who saw it as a commitment to their xenophobic zeal.  Unfortunately, billions of our tax $$$ went to a shoddy wall that does little more than bring cheer to folks that want to keep all them Mexicans out.

https://www.ineteconomics.org/perspectives/blog/how-why-government-universities-industry-create-domestic-labor-shortages-of-scientists-high-tech-workers

The US (and the world) were lucky that Trump is not just free of empathy and remorse, but also completely unqualified and unable to focus on any longer-term strategy.

What if a competent authoritarian gets elected?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/nov/11/us-trump-biden-president-elect
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/11/trump-proved-authoritarians-can-get-elected-america/617023/

For everybody who advocates for open borders, do your lock your doors/windows?

Our country is made stronger by legal immigration, illegal immigration is illegal. Porous borders facilitate other criminal behavior besides illegal entry.

JR

Happy veteran's day to my fellow veterans here... Veterans appreciate POTUS bringing troops home.

JR

PS: Azerbaijan agreed to another cease fire after shooting down a Russian copter over Armenia, and seizing a city in the disputed territory.

Latest posts

Back