Hi from Oz

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turf.eng

Hi all,

Intro's are strangely discomforting, so.... sorry in advance if this is too wordy,

I've played guitar most of my life and electronics have always fascinated me. A broader electronics hobby has really focused in on audio and instruments in the last few years. I'm technically an elec eng but I work in power where the crossover with this hobby is almost non-existent. I'll confidently admit I have zero electronics expertise; I just find this stuff fascinating and the enthusiasm for it just doesn't wear off. I breadboard lots of pedals, build eurorack kits and MIDI will always be close to my heart. There's lots of forums around to read and build general awareness of the hobby but this one stood out to me with the broader coverage of things like mic's and mic pre-amps as well as rackmounts like compressors. I thought I might try an amp next but I wasn't too excited by them...but a rackmount comp, now that sounds interesting.
I'll generally be pretty quiet unless I can genuinely add value to a thread, so I'll say this now. Thankyou all, in-advance, for being so open with your knowledge and expertise. It's very much appreciated.

As for gear I've got a good selection of gear. Nothing high end. Just a wide array of junk but it's my junk!! Every useless bit taught me something so I had no choice but to enjoy them. Guitars, pedals, a nice keyboard and some e-drums. A few synths both digital and analog if that matters. A mixer and audio interface, mic's and a bunch of software both free and paid to mess around "in the box". I've got arduino's and raspi's stashed around the place. Also, an embarassing number of midi interfaces from a bunch of experiments making "macro keyboard" type things when I thought they might speed up my work or make flight sims more enjoyable. I think that's all the relevant bits.

Anyway, I've typed way too much so I'll wrap it up. Cheers, thanks for having me.

Latest posts

Back