Howdy, all

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bretvh

Hi, my name is Bret, new here. I’ve been doing DIY stuff for several years, mostly guitar pedals and tube amp mods and repairs—the gateway drugs—and some noise making devices. I’m branching off to studio gear and microphones now. I’m currently building some 500 series kits, and have a few microphone projects planned, starting with an Alice mic.

I feel like I have so much to learn.

I can read a schematic and understand the basic signal flow, but I would like to reach the point where I really understand what is happening and how each component affects the sound and performance. My ultimate goal is to be able to design my own circuits and develop my own PCBs. I’ve done that a little with pedals, but the studio gear seems to require a whole new level of understanding!

Anyhow, I’ll likely be lurking quite a bit, but I look forward to learning and contributing.

Hi Bret, welcome to the group! This is the place where the real addiction starts, be warned :)
Good luck with your builds and in doubt ask. Here´s a bunch of very helpful people around.

Back