howdy y'all

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corvid

I'm Andy, and I've lived in Germany for the past 5 years, and in the USofA for the previous 43.

My main interest is as a musician. Electronically speaking I'm competent at building a kit and perhaps something from a simple schematic. I'm half decent at trouble-shooting broken equipment, although though that often involves scouring sites like this! But I like to read about electronics, as it helps me understand what is happening between me and the speakers. It helps me to find tones that I like.

Over the years I've built a PAIA 9700 modular synth, a few guitar pedal kits, and one or two Craig Anderton projects. At least part of the reason is cost, but it's also been useful to fix, for instance, the PAIA when parts have failed over time. I've also modified equipment to suit my purposes.

The most recent thing I did was to modify a cheap DI box to use a UTC A-11. I know it's not the most amazing project, but it does make my recordings sound better.

Being that there are so many folks here with way more knowledge than me, I'll probably mostly lurk, especially in the theory section.

danke!

Back