Howdy

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another German joining this board, so glad I found this community!

What brought me here is a long-term on-off relationship of music making: After 5 years of classical and 2 years of jazz piano, I got tempted by electronic music when I was young (and naive).... Shortly after the first Depeche Mode tape (!), a first synth and a first drum machine entered the house (ESQ-1, RX-11), from there on I unlearned everything piano and started to press buttons and turn knobs. And program sequencers. And I had absolutely no idea what that got me into.

Fast forward 30 years and here I am, got dragged into Euro(c)rack and also started with DIY for modules two years ago. 70+ modules built, only 1 or 2 failures. Not an EE, things are limited to "soldering by numbers", but I´m getting better with that by every build. Knowledgewise, just the very, very basics of measuring, reading schematics and trying to understand what a circuit actually does. Willing to learn, but with a focus, still fearing the depth of a full EE training, just so many topics, so little time.

That said, after a long time of "I don´t need dynamics because I got synths and no acoustic instruments" - yes, I was an idiot, I first fiddled around with plugins, got tired of that (day job is with computers, too) and now started diving into the wonderful world of outboard electronics. Naturally, DIY is of interest in this domain as well, and that´s how my journey starts.

Looking forward to learn a lot from you guys! If that goes along with a successful build of some decent analog circuitry, preferably of the bus compressor variety, I´ll be a happy homer.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back