HP 35660A (or 35665A) request

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay_amps

Hello, anybody using one of these dynamic signal analysers?
I have a bit of an issue with mine and i'm looking for a measurement to compare.
If someone can do me a favor, a simple time measurement of a chirp (cable between source and input 1) or oscilloscope measurement of the source output.
Mine looks like the pic below, low frequencies are unstable and a rolling disturbance.
Measurements on tube amps or transformers are unstable at low frequencies, if i start at 128hz it reasonable.
I did some checking of course, fixed sine output is fine across the frequency range, input tested with external generator, also fine. Checked power supply voltages, all good, no ripple.
There is not much usefull info in the service manual, no schematic of the A1 board where the source generator is located (anybody has one?)
The source signal is generated with a DAC, there is a DAC output test pin and that shows a lower amplitude signal when in chirp mode but output level is ok so there is a filter/amplifier/attenuator stage after it that stabilises the output.

Attachments

• IMG_3445.JPG
    IMG_3445.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back