HPGL export with Corel Draw > please use Corel Draw V9!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nrgrecording

After some weeks of anger... :? I would like to report that the Corel Draw Versions 7,10 and 11 makes mistakes with the HPGL export. A 100%correct HPGL output is not possible.

Recommended is the Corel Draw version 9.

I'd have some trouble with wrong distances, wrong placement...
I always have to readjust the file in corel draw (to incorrect placements..) to get the correct output file.

This problem is mentioned on a german cnc webpage...
http://www.easgmbh.de/cnc/cncmaschinen.htm (german only)
I played around with some files and tried to import them to their
cnc program and some errors appeared.
With Corel 9 everything works fine. (Corel 9 is also cheap - because old) :wink:

Their CNC engraving maschines are also very flexible :green: :green: :green:

By the way... does someone have the HPGL tattoo file of robbie williams or ozzy osbourne? :wink: :green:

cncfrase_tattoo.jpg

Frank.

Hi Frank, what exactly is the Problem with CoralDraw 10&11? I'm working with 11 hand have done a few HPGLs. It is crashed during path creation, but export/import has worked.

Hi Michael.

I haven't tested 11 and 12 yet but the guys of eas (cnc engraving company) told me that.
I'd have problems with incorrect length and the positioning wasn't accurate.
As I tried to import a HPGL file from Corel 10 to the CNC engraving software of eas the hole engraving was wrong. Many lines were routet incorrectly to the zero point. With Corel 9 and the same file... no problem.

Maybe the errors are corrected in the version 12 but I don't have a chance to test it. Another problem is... it isn't possible to import v12 files to a lower version like V9 or V11...

I'll go with the v9.

Frank.

Try to get the driver for roland plotter , if you use old windows 98/me.
The are somewhere on the net , than you install the driver that thus only
1 kwadrant (don't know anymore witch driver it was , long time ago) , then you can use it like the hp7475 on A3 and have normal output.
If you want something else use BOCNC , has lots of nic functions.

I see that the " Frontdesigner "software can export to HPGL.
So is it basically possible to make the whole layout in that program and then import as HPGL into Frontpanel designer (shaeffer).
Will everything show up as need to ?, holes as holes and engraving as engraving etc.

I'm an absolute newbie on PC and graphics :green:

Latest posts

Back