I dont need a ham radio for this effect right?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there is no transformer inside like hobiesound already explained, do you have an ohmmeter?  The two wires that have a resistive load between them go to pins 2 and 3, and the shield goes to 1.  Not rocket science.  The wire left over is going through the PTT switch to one side of the mic that can be tested for resistance only when the switch is pressed.  If you look closely at the video you can see a hiZ to loZ matching transformer hanging at the end of the coiled mic cable.  If it is really Hi Z mic with no internal matching transformer, then it should go unbalanced into a barrel transformer like this one from Radio Shack.  But if you hook it direct it will still work, and have an "EQ'ed" effect due to the mismatch.

Don't even look at a phantom power switch!

Open the mic and you can see where the wires go- didn't you do that already?  We're supposed to open everything to see the stuff inside and how it works ; )
Mike

hobiesound said:
did you get the hi-z or the lo-z version? from the datasheet you can see that the hi-z version has a step-up transformer in it. For use with a normal mic-pre you should bypass the transformer. Tie both black wires to resp. pin 2 and 3 (or vice verca datasheet doesn't mention phase) if there is a shield tie that to pin 1.

if you got the lo z version tie the white and the black wire to pin 2 and 3 (or vice verca) and shield goes to pin 1.

greetings,

Thomas

I have the Hi-Z version and I only have a red,black,white and one bare wire sheild wire.

Latest posts

Back