IC sine generator for 10-120khz? (re: bat detector)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cjuried said:
gyraf said:
8038 kit off China: http://www.banggood.com/DIY-ICL8038-Function-Signal-Generator-Module-Sine-Square-Triangle-Wave-Output-KIT-p-1028924.html

Nice little kit. Make sure that the Intersil ICL8038CCPD is authentic and not a common knockoff.
If the 8038 has been obsolete for decades wouldn't it have to be a knock off....?

JR

JohnRoberts said:
Cjuried said:
gyraf said:
8038 kit off China: http://www.banggood.com/DIY-ICL8038-Function-Signal-Generator-Module-Sine-Square-Triangle-Wave-Output-KIT-p-1028924.html

Nice little kit. Make sure that the Intersil ICL8038CCPD is authentic and not a common knockoff.
If the 8038 has been obsolete for decades wouldn't it have to be a knock off....?

JR

Nope. There are still a few suppliers that have a large stock of the authentic chip. I have around 500 here and another order for 300 on the way.

Cjuried said:

Anybody actually happened to order his kit, or one of the alike ones ?
Was it working, so actually containing a functional 8038 ?

The price it right, but waste of time & money if it's a fake chip.

Thanks!

gyraf said:
..works, the couple of kits that I've seen...

Thanks Jakob, good to hear. Ordered a few, directly @ ebay the prices happened to be even more ... remarkable.
I took the kit version, since 'other plans' than the stock version.
And it also actually feels a bit strange to buy an already soldered PCB (unless it's SMD...)  ;)

Bye

dfuruta said:
The XR2206 would be perfect, were it still made -

I had no idea this chip went out of production. So I got curious...

Amazon has them, expensive though (10$)...
Tayda has them, affordable (3$)
eBay has them (1 - 3$)
Alibaba has millions of them, very cheap. (0.1 - 1$)

Even if these are Chinesium, at those prices, it's worth ordering a couple and testing...

cyrano said:
Even if these are Chinesium, at those prices, it's worth ordering a couple and testing...
Perhaps that's the business model for some sellers: sell cheap, put 10% real working parts in so that some success is reported - the other parts don't work, but those buyers don't spend more time on it since it was dirt cheap.

Several chips @ ebay are depicted with A-brand manufacturers in the picture, but not in the description. Specifically asking whether these parts are indeed from that brand is without much exception NOT answered.

The parts I really need can most of the time also bought closer to home, for higher prices, but usually much faster delivery.

So no free lunch. But it's all good.

Latest posts

Back