In Line active Filter Design…

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Microphoniste

Rycote has been selling This (and other) 017022 - Cable with TAC!T Filter… a discontinued item…

An “in-line, active, 18dB/octave low-cut filter with a 'knee' at approximately 60Hz”. It was connected in-line between a condenser microphone and the mixer or recorder.

I suppose this one could work with all condenser mics as it was an active design!??? But still wondering how to achieve it!

Anyway… has anybody here built such an active inline filter? This would be interesting for sennheiser mkh8030 that go very very low…

Warmest regards

Attachments

• AFA8B3AB-49AE-437A-8833-9D2094FF8DFA.jpeg
    AFA8B3AB-49AE-437A-8833-9D2094FF8DFA.jpeg
    44.7 KB
Last edited:
I wonder how you can get a DC-coupled high-pass filter...
It says: “
The Tac!T filter draws its power from the P48 phantom supply while also passing power on to the microphone. It is electronically symmetrical and does not disturb the intrinsic balance of the microphone circuit, nor does it introduce any signal loss for normal programme frequencies.

A key feature of the Tac!T filter is that it fits entirely within the body of a Neutrik XX-series XLR connector. It is not switchable, and the electronically buffered circuitry ensures that its performance is consistent for almost all phantom-powered microphones and preamplifiers in general use.

Tac!T is a fully symmetrical balanced 3rd order filter. It has a DC path through, so that it can couple phantom power as well as signal.”

Sure, because EVERYTHING that someone who has something to sell you, is 100000000% true and accurate, and in no way dishonest in any way, right? I mean, that NEVER happens... 😁

But i guess a couple diodes from the output side to before the DC-blocking caps might just do the trick...

Rycote has been selling This (and other) 017022 - Cable with TAC!T Filter… a discontinued item…

An “in-line, active, 18dB/octave low-cut filter with a 'knee' at approximately 60Hz”. It was connected in-line between a condenser microphone and the mixer or recorder.

I suppose this one could work with all condenser mics as it was an active design!??? But still wondering how to achieve it!

Anyway… has anybody here built such an active inline filter? This would be interesting for sennheiser mkh8030 that go very very low…

Warmest regards
Looks as if you can still buy the PCB from Rycote. See here:

https://rycote.com/faq/id-like-to-i...in-the-connbox-output-cable-is-this-possible/

There must be a reason it is discontinued. But such an item would be great to me. If it works. The schoeps Alternative cut1 and cut60, are great of course in the Schoeps eco system… and used between capsule and preamp of course. For the 8000series of Sennheiser’s, i bought the mzf8000. It is placed After the preamp…
But It is really expensive!

Attachments

• 29801CAF-F154-4776-86DE-1CDE13382580.jpeg
    29801CAF-F154-4776-86DE-1CDE13382580.jpeg
    2.2 MB
Back