• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

In search of a VU meter with some specific dimensions (originally a GC 20-1030)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midwayfair

I messed up one of my GC electronics meters on my stereo 1176 build, and the surviving one has never zeroed well. I'd like to replace them. (I managed to find a single replacement for the one that I actually broke, but they are really hard to find.)

The panel is 3.25" x 2.5", and the back of the meter is a 1.75" circle. It's mounted by four screws with 1.75" spacing, but I don't care about how many screws are involved as long as the panel is big enough to cover the old holes.

Does anyone have a pair of meters that will fit this, or at least get really close? Or can point me to a meter that will fit?

This isn't the same model, but it's the same dimensions and everything:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GC-ELECTRONICS-20-1018-LIGHTED-PRECISION-PANEL-METER-0-3-DC-AMPERES-NEW-IN-BOX/174047536153

Also, the meter that Hairball has listed as 8020 has the right screw spacing the meter back is a little bigger around (by about .3 inches):

https://www.hairballaudio.com/catalog/parts-store/panel-meters/8020-vu-meter

In a pinch I might go with that and suck it up that I'll have to re-size the hole, but of course I'd like to just find the right part.

I may have some that size. I am on holiday right now but I will check when I get back at the weekend.

Cheers

Ian

I have some triplett 250G in my inventory that would appear the right dimensions based on my old imperial measuring tape. These are very high quality and hence  not 'DIY priced'.... the bezels can be removed.

shoot me an eMail at [email protected] if interested. (I am in Canada)

Attachments

• DSC00298.jpg
    DSC00298.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 8
gyraf said:
It may be easier to find a new meter mechanic to put in the existing houding?

/Jakob E.

TBH I didn't even consider this. It does look like I can get the old mechanism out of the housing. I'll keep this in mind for repairing the broken one!

Ian: I'm probably still interested, so I'll check back in with you in a week or so.

Back