Industry

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little side track. I decided to play with micophones so I contacted 797 Audio and procured a bunch of center and edge terminated capsules. Apparently they sent these as samples to my so called start up company...so I got perfectly working pieces. I built more than 10 as tube mics utilizing 7 pin and pencil tubes all working off the same power supply, then I went solid state based off the first phantom powered mic. Gus convinced me to eliminate the feedback network but assured me I had to cut down the capsule voltage to not overload the JFet.  I have a center terminated and edge terminated SS mic with zero feedback and no overload issue running at 48V-52V no problem and makes a tube mic work hard to keep up. Hmm I'm enjoying a splash of rum and double IPA and a rather nice instrumental I made the other day.

analag said:
A little side track. I decided to play with micophones so I contacted 797 Audio and procured a bunch of center and edge terminated capsules. Apparently they sent these as samples to my so called start up company...so I got perfectly working pieces. I built more than 10 as tube mics utilizing 7 pin and pencil tubes all working off the same power supply, then I went solid state based off the first phantom powered mic. Our local mic guru convinced me to eliminate the feedback network but assured me I had to cut down the capsule voltage to not overload the JFet.  I have a center terminated and edge terminated SS mic with zero feedback and no overload issue running at 48V-52V no problem and makes a tube mic work hard to keep up.

Hmm I'm enjoying a splash of rum and double IPA and a rather nice instrumental I made the other day. Bottoms up boys

Never tried that one, I did try a RonDiplomatico  once ,
The problem is ,if you treat your taste buds to the good stuff all the time ,your old 'black dog' seafarers rum starts to taste like poison .
Ive found even humble blended whiskies can taste very good depending on surroundings , like if you hike to the top of a hill then take the time to enjoy a drop of your favourite ,the clean  mountain air will improve the flavours . 

Different rums bring out different madness in the studio. A beautiful musicality that can be surprising the day after. And in this music saturated world the need to go beyond the 10% brain usage is paramount

El Dorado 12 year and up. Super delicious sipping rum. Any Rum from the Demania River in Guyana is a good bet.

ruairioflaherty said:
I'm not following who you are mad at, it seems to be me but I don't understand why.

I don't know what happened. I sometimes get drunk and end up on the internet. Then stuff like this happens. I am sorry.

Back