Intel on mic pre low-cut circuits!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm trickery!! I actually just opened up a name brand cloud lifter today to see what their circuit looks like in comparison to the DIYRE version as well as my copy.. ALL THE SAME. They used all smd components but it was the same exact LSK389, R values, everything. That was cool to see. Especially since they sell for $150 and I'm about to make 2 for about $40/each!Screenshot 2024-09-25 at 12.56.36 AM.png

Back to my question, does this work for the (about) 80Hz rolloff I'm going for. Not sure if this is the same. On the rockscience schematic the cap(s) are in series (i think) but in this idea I'm inserting it directly when the switch in the on position. Advice/critiques?

..you get very high termination impedance (the 150K) for frequencies below your lowcut point. At the expected high gains of a mic pre, this would probably result in excessive low-frequency noise..

/Jakob E.

..you get very high termination impedance (the 150K) for frequencies below your lowcut point. At the expected high gains of a mic pre, this would probably result in excessive low-frequency noise..

/Jakob E.
hmm well that's precisely what I DONT want my low cut switch to do!! What could/would the remedy be? Does the cap need to live elsewhere?

Pretty sure I can also just get rid of the 150k tho as that's from CAPI's schematic as a loading resistor prior to the 2520

Back