Irish state brings forward legisation that requires you opt out of organ retention

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

This is a subject Ive mentioned before here ,
its been on the cards a while ,
Now the entire health system database has been hacked to f**k in Ireland and all peoples data is gone missing , and it seems even the Gardai have access (unoficially of course) , then again maybe it was law enforcement who robbed it in the first place and set up the ransom ,which was payed by the state , blame was laid on Russian mafia/hackers but who knows really ,
From a place where we allowed our most vulnerable used like guinea pigs for science and medicine illegaly ,there now providing a legal framework for it to happen automatically,
They promise safeguards and family will be consulted , but what happens the poor missfortunate people who dont have family to vouch for their wishes after their dead ?
their meat on the slab .
This is a subject I brought to the attention of Micheal Martin, outging prime minister here now back in 2018 when I met him personally ,
I have close family here who lost a baby not long after birth and the organs were missapropriated and never returned by the state ,
I'm going to be hammering on the doors of my locally elected representatives offices about this .

One of the chief proponents of this organ retention bill is incoming prime minister of Ireland , Leo Varadkar ,
He was closely connected to a deal the Irish government made with a large Chinese Biotec company a few years ago, access was given to vast amounts of DNA samples/data . In reality theres more than enough in the hands of the Biotec giant to map out the entire Irish genome , cross reference that with the stolen health service data and a retention bill that ships you out on ice fast , its like inviting the devil himself to dinner .

How much is a liver transplant worth ?
A million ?
Mr Varadkar made it quite clear and he's quoted saying it , he wants Ireland to become a net exporter of human body parts , for profit ,
He's brushes quietly to the side the organ retention scandals and experiments in the institutions of old and ushers us down a new road to slavery like meat on the hoof .

Automatically reducing a persons right to bodily integrity after their death is a dangerous step to far in my book , its an individuals choice , not a matter to be decided by a simple majority vote in the house of the Oireachtas for everyone across the board .
It also fundamentally goes against what most cultures and religions hold dear regarding respect for the dead .

Sounds awful, but then again, it is something I would totally expect from the same people who sell parts of aborted babies for profit and experimentation. Just remember, these Earth and human worshipers think there are 6 billion too many people on earth.

I just renewed my drivers license and I checked the organ donor option. Not sure who wants my tired old organs. :unsure:

I somehow don't think I will miss anything after I am taking that final dirt nap. :cool:

JR

I just renewed my drivers license and I checked the organ donor option. Not sure who wants my tired old organs. :unsure:

I somehow don't think I will miss anything after I am taking that final dirt nap. :cool:

JR
Cadaver skin is used extensively for burns victims so even our old bodies have some reusable parts.

In the UK the law was changed a few years ago so everyone is now assumed to consent to their organs being donated and if you don't want this to happen you can opt out. I think the new system is a good idea.

Cheers

Ian

I've no issue if people choose to donate to science or for organ transplants,I support people making the choice and informed consent . I do have a serious concern about the concept of presumed consent with a body parts industry running off the back of it and someone telling me I have to opt out of something I disagree with in principle.

I've no issue if people choose to donate to science or for organ transplants,I support people making the choice and informed consent . I do have a serious concern about the concept of presumed consent with a body parts industry running off the back of it and someone telling me I have to opt out of something I disagree with in principle.
Well, if you disagree with it that is fine. Personally, I think having to opt out of it is a minor inconvenience compared to the huge number of lives it will save. I see no evidence of a body parts industry except amongst certain hardened criminals.

Cheers

Ian

The full pathologies of the infants bodies in the Tuam mother and baby homes case still hasnt seen light of day , organs were missing though thats a fact .

My aunt had a baby close on 40 years ago , the child was unwell at birth and sadly passed away soon after ,
various pathological tests were done , they were in the end handed back a box with the incomplete remains of baby Ingrid , I dont know the precise details, I do know this much , the remains were in a shocking state .
They should have taken a case in the high court against the hospital and physicians involved but the trauma of what happened meant they couldnt face that eventuality .

I used know an old guy , he's passed away now,
He told me a story about how he worked as a porter in his mid teens at the local hospital ,
He'd often be given a shoe box ,which he would put on the carrier on his bike and deliver up to either the university or other nearby religious run hospitals ,
He liked the pint , one day on his way upto the university he stopped off at his local pub for a quick drink ,
when he came out of the pub the shoe box was gone ,
He got the shit beaten out him for his mistake .

My mother worked in the same hospital for around 25 years , it was common knowledge that there was something going on with the remains of new born children , on ocassions babies remains would be placed into the coffins of others in the community unknown to either of the families involved .

Even in the news today theres many families who only recieved back partial remains of their loved ones in more recent times . Some were sent out heartless letters saying the remains had been incinerated ,lost or misplaced .

Theres a huge issues of accountabillity relating to the medical system in this country , its another hot potatoe politics and media are playing a game of ball with right now .
The medical establishment hasnt offered the kinds of safeguards the minister for health has demanded , yet their happy to try and rush through the organ retention bill .

Last edited:
Heres a recent link to an article about organ retention in Ireland ,
https://www.lavellepartners.ie/news...etention-scandal-and-hse-internal-audit-2022/
And another link here relating to Dr Gabriel Scally's report on serious shortcomings within the medical councils practises.
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/hea...t-centred-on-patients-scally-report-1.3627293
In certain ,mainly rural areas , their crying out for staff but cant fill the higher medical grade positions , a culture of lack of doctor/patient cander leaves many vulnerable people without the help they need .
https://ie.indeed.com/Irish-Medical-Council-jobs

Not only that , in the context of the body parts scandals that have caused so much hurt here , its cynical in the extreme and a mortal insult that flies in the face of every Irish persons dignity .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back