Is it possible to get just the microphone internal structure?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camarada78

I have some diy bodies here that i bought on a lot and some are nice but have Taper-type internal structure (where the pcbs are screwed) but could easily fit a larger version (for U67 or U87L versions). I would like to buy just the internal parts for them, to choose which type of pcbs i could fit internally. Is it possible?

Thanks have a good day

If you’re saying you’d like to convert a body with tapered side rails to having straight side rails, you’re going to need a bigger bottom piece (and end cap) too. By which time you’ve more or less replaced the whole body.

Dany/Poctop sells a tapered version of his D87 PCB. Vami sound sells some tapered PCBs as well.

I just want the structure that holds the pcbs, not the pcbs themselves. some of the bodies have different "structures" that do not fit either taper types nor large (u67/87), example in pictures:
- a "dragonfly" type "pcb holder"/metal structure with only four screws on the edges.
i want to buy a taper or large holder/structure for at least two bodies that i have here with these "dragonfly" rectangular pcbs.
*dragonfly because its a pcb clone of Blue dragonfly mic.

Attachments

• internal parts 3.jpeg
    internal parts 3.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 1
  • internal parts 2.jpeg
    internal parts 2.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 0
  • internal parts 1.jpeg
    internal parts 1.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 0
If you’re saying you’d like to convert a body with tapered side rails to having straight side rails, you’re going to need a bigger bottom piece (and end cap) too. By which time you’ve more or less replaced the whole body.
side rails! that is the name lol... sorry, language is not my primary language.
i have two bodies that came with straight side rails that fit a long pcb with four screw in each edge and i want to replace it with rails to fit a 87L or u67 pcbs.

You could make your own side rails with metal bars, a threading tool and threaded mounting brackets. Then you can give them the shape and length you want, and align the mounting brackets with the pcb mounting holes.

You could make your own side rails with metal bars, a threading tool and threaded mounting brackets. Then you can give them the shape and length you want, and align the mounting brackets with the pcb mounting holes.
that will be my next try if no already-built solution is found. i have some 12mm aluminium sheets that might work.

Latest posts

Back