Is Studio939/Chunger still on business?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am game for giving funds now and waiting some months if i know it's happening with a trustworthy source like you that has good attention to detail.

as for getting enough orders, you know your web traffic better than me, but i wonder if between here (new formal thread) and on your site you'd get enough for the main bodies of interest for > 100 pcs of those 3 bodies? understandable if you want to keep this separate from capsules though. at any rate, you clearly have more in-roads with manufacturers than someone like me with no experience or knowledge of the processes, so your involvement would be very helpful IMHO.

I would add to this thread that I ordered a bunch of stuff from Chunger a couple of weeks ago and also haven't heard anything since... But everyone's notes here that he is reliable and always comes through makes me not worry about it. I also run a small business myself and although I do try very hard to remain in contact with everyone who mails me things for repairs or adjustments and orders stuff from my shop, it is very much its own full-time job to stay in touch with everybody all the time. So I get it. Life would be easier if you just didn't reply, lol. I routinely can't get to things for sometimes 3 to 6 weeks until after I receive them for work, too, so I'm imagining he's just a busy guy and get a lot of orders and maybe has a family or a life outside of all this too. As long as the stuff shows up eventually, it's all good in my book.

I actually thought about stocking some mic bodies myself as a side business. Maybe I will. I think they at Shuai Yin said minimum order is 50 pieces? That would be expensive though... $5~6k per model, probably. Plus, some of theirs don't fit all of the boards out there, like Poctop's PCB's for the M49 doesn't fit the M49 body I bought from them for example. It will fit, but the internal frame is too narrow so it'll have to be improvised more. I don't know where Chunger's comes from that fits Poctop's boards. I think this would need to be coordinated with whoever is the most popular DIY PCB maker people generally want to use for their boards. And it would have to be someone who had enough money to invest in it as a business. For me I probably couldn't risk that much money unless I knew I had confirmed pre-orders for units that would at least help me break even on the initial investment. It's something I would want to do though.

Last edited:
I don't know where Chunger's comes from that fits Poctop's boards. I think this would need to be coordinated with whoever is the most popular DIY PCB maker people generally want to use for their boards. And it would have to be someone who had enough money to invest in it as a business.
Agreed about coordinating with @poctop (and others? @GraemeWoller if doing an SDC...)
As is, Dany @poctop has a folder for dimensions of his PCBs, but it doesn't include some switch boards, round 47FET, etc. It would be very helpful if that was updated or even better, pdfs of each board with clear dimensions not just outer LxW but hole to hole etc. measurements. We'd definitely want a sample to ensure it fits w/ Dany's boards in hand, and/or make specifications with the order to ensure critical dimensions don't magically drift off. There's a huge liability here if they are produced poorly and @poctop can't or won't modify new PCBs for them. then we're stuck with a bunch of bodies that don't easily or neatly accommodate a build

Funny, I just wrote @poctop today about some tangentially related questions I need to know before placing another order with him.

Last edited:
Here we are in 2023 … and the question is still a consideration …

This is my first experience ordering from Chunger …

I have three outstanding Studio 939 C12 related orders … all placed within the last 4 weeks … that have each (auto?) generated the original order Studio 939 receipt …

On two occasions … within the last 14 days … I have written polite requests for order status updates …

I am not angry … but I am decidedly anxious to get my Studio 939 order so I can build these wonderful C12’s that I have patiently waited to afford to order …

All of the other parts vendors responded and shipped within 3 days … supplying shipping notifications with tracking information when they did …

Chunger should be grateful to have such an iron clad income path for his excellent products … and he should make a strong effort to be responsive to his clients and alleviate any concerns that are generated by his decided lack of interaction …

As a customer dealing in absolute good faith … I have a reasonable expectation to be treated in kind with responses to my emails and status updates for my orders …

The old adage of putting customers first … which in this case only pertains to interaction regarding order status … should be paramount to someone who has been given the gift of having a business with the potential of an endless supply of clients …

If Mr Chunger is too busy to reply … he should consider hiring someone to respond to his customers for him … and allay their questions and concerns …

That is just a tenet of doing good business … which has been gratefully demonstrated by all the other vendors who were affiliated with my C12 order …

Once again … I am not angry … but interaction goes a long way in assuaging concerns clients may have regarding the status of their orders … and their anxiety in receiving them …

Best regards …
Hello,
Here my recent experience with it.
Ordered from it early december (mic body, mic and power suply pcp, and part).
Get a reply early january that he ran out of stock of mic and ps pcp, and that stocking took longer than usual...etc.
Decided to keep my order in the waiting list (he offered me to refund if I wanted to cancel it)... and everything came to my front door 2 weeks ago.
So everything great, will order from it on the future.
From my first experience I would say be patient (easier to say it when you aren't the one waiting I know).

Ordered a u47 body from Studio 939 January 26th, now March 3rd, haven’t heard anything. Emailed a couple times. Is this normal operational procedure? Anyone know where else I can get a nice u47 body that fits the Poctop boards?

Ordered a u47 body from Studio 939 January 26th, now March 3rd, haven’t heard anything. Emailed a couple times. Is this normal operational procedure? Anyone know where else I can get a nice u47 body that fits the Poctop boards?
Chung always comes through eventually. I am not sure why it takes so long some times but i've been ordering from him for years and its always like that these days...

Another choice to get a u47 body is equinox from don-audio.com

or just a body kit from AMI... or AliExpress...

Chung always comes through eventually. I am not sure why it takes so long some times but i've been ordering from him for years and its always like that these days...

Another choice to get a u47 body is equinox from don-audio.com

or just a body kit from AMI... or AliExpress...
Thanks Sparkle! I’ll give it some more time. All good I’m just stoked to get started. And thanks for the reccomendations. I hope I’ll get the Chunger one because it looks really nice, but if not, I’ll do one of the options you mentioned.

Back