Is Studio939/Chunger still on business?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would add to this thread that I ordered a bunch of stuff from Chunger a couple of weeks ago and also haven't heard anything since... But everyone's notes here that he is reliable and always comes through makes me not worry about it. I also run a small business myself and although I do try very hard to remain in contact with everyone who mails me things for repairs or adjustments and orders stuff from my shop, it is very much its own full-time job to stay in touch with everybody all the time. So I get it. Life would be easier if you just didn't reply, lol. I routinely can't get to things for sometimes 3 to 6 weeks until after I receive them for work, too, so I'm imagining he's just a busy guy and get a lot of orders and maybe has a family or a life outside of all this too. As long as the stuff shows up eventually, it's all good in my book.

I actually thought about stocking some mic bodies myself as a side business. Maybe I will. I think they at Shuai Yin said minimum order is 50 pieces? That would be expensive though... $5~6k per model, probably. Plus, some of theirs don't fit all of the boards out there, like Poctop's PCB's for the M49 doesn't fit the M49 body I bought from them for example. It will fit, but the internal frame is too narrow so it'll have to be improvised more. I don't know where Chunger's comes from that fits Poctop's boards. I think this would need to be coordinated with whoever is the most popular DIY PCB maker people generally want to use for their boards. And it would have to be someone who had enough money to invest in it as a business. For me I probably couldn't risk that much money unless I knew I had confirmed pre-orders for units that would at least help me break even on the initial investment. It's something I would want to do though.
Our MOQ depends on whether there is stock available. If there is stock available, we can buy one or two still ok with us. :)

Is it really true that on most bodies the minimum order is 50pcs? I thought the goal was to set up a white market store where DIY guys could buy individual bodies
Hi Tim- I sort of suspected this is how it would go. In my experience, and I have actually purchased a fair number of their mic bodies jn small quantities, they’ll sell you parts when they have overruns on OEM orders. Or maybe they always make a few spares when they do larger runs. But half the time when you write them things are “out of stock” and they give you the 50 piece minimum order runaround. Would be amazing if the scenario you described became a norm, though. I’m hoping for it. On the other hand, I’ve had pretty good luck with getting small quantities here and there when I’ve either organized group-buys for friends on this forum, or purchased small batches of bodies for myself. But it’s always been an availability/convenience based scenario, usually on their side. The deals are pretty good though so you have to take what you can get when you can get it, I guess, is the way I’ve looked at it. I will say I have always been very happy with the quality, fit, and finish of the parts.

Is it really true that on most bodies the minimum order is 50pcs? I thought the goal was to set up a white market store where DIY guys could buy individual bodies
I wish that were the case, too, Tim!

But I have always had good luck with Chunger at Studio 939 ordering mic bodies in pairs … and yes … there is a bit of a wait (longer when he is Out Of Stock) … but always worth it because he does a great job with QC on his stock !

Latest posts

Back