Is there anything here I could use in an audio build?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetfoot

I recently picked up some old electronic equipment that appears to have been used in a TV station sometime in the 60s. I figured at the very least I could salvage the chassis, faceplates and hardware, but I was wondering if any of the electronic components could be repurposed for a mic preamp or compressor build.

The piece with the blue faceplate grabbed my attention, and turned out to be a Ceco model 1019 "video amplifier". To my amateur eyes, the circuit looks like it might be similar to a line amp of some sort. There is a gain control on the front panel, and two adjustments labeled "HF" and "LF" on the top of the chassis which make me think there may even be some sort of filtering built in as well.

The other pieces include a Hewlett Packard distortion analyzer and couple absolutely massive high voltage power supplies that I'd be nervous to mess with.

Any suggestions are welcome

Attachments

• tempImagePkvVMe.png
    tempImagePkvVMe.png
    13.3 MB · Views: 2
  • tempImage40NLCs.png
    tempImage40NLCs.png
    9.4 MB · Views: 2
  • tempImageyv9OQw.png
    tempImageyv9OQw.png
    11.6 MB · Views: 2
  • tempImagecS1k34.png
    tempImagecS1k34.png
    14.3 MB · Views: 1
  • tempImageRw2Ua6.png
    tempImageRw2Ua6.png
    14.1 MB · Views: 1
  • tempImageGUgurv.png
    tempImageGUgurv.png
    13.2 MB · Views: 1
  • tempImage26u5G8.png
    tempImage26u5G8.png
    15.9 MB · Views: 1
  • tempImageqKJMlb.png
    tempImageqKJMlb.png
    14.6 MB · Views: 2
Any suggestions are welcome
tubeamp.pngThis tube unit is good candidate for new tube amp project. Some of the tubes seem to be broken (white=lost vacuum) but I bet the black steel tube are still ok. Case, knobs and meter are great. The transformer could be nice too...

Overall a nice find.

PS: stay away from the old capacitors- do not try to reuse them.

View attachment 132777This tube unit is good candidate for new tube amp project. Some of the tubes seem to be broken (white=lost vacuum) but I bet the black steel tube are still ok. Case, knobs and meter are great. The transformer could be nice too...

Overall a nice find.

PS: stay away from the old capacitors- do not try to reuse them.
Thanks! I plan on tossing the caps, but I'll test the tubes and see if any still test good.

Would any of the absurdly large transformers in the power supplies be useful for anything audio related, or are they not worth consideration? Would there be any reason to fix up the power supplies to power other units in my rack, or would they not offer any advantage over modern power supplies?

Latest posts

Back