JLM Baby Animal based DAW mixer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="chingon"]whats the status on this project?[/quote]

Hi there!

The status is: on-hold. Been too busy to complete this. All channels check out and it mixes, but need to be trimmed to Unity Gain.

The big hold up is the frontpanel: it will be expensive to make and I cannot make any mistakes in the design for it to fit.
After I get the front panel, I'll be able to mount the level control pots, LED meter boards, and trim each channel.

I'll post some update pics once this is complete, perhaps with some sound samples. I don't think completion will be for at least 3 more months due to changes in my life/moving.

Can't wait to put it in everyday use in the studio though, especially considering the massive amount of time, energy, and cash that this has added up to. : )

cheers guys,
Jay

Please keep us posted. If yer at all interested, I'd love to take a brief look at that bad boy some day. I have a good buddie (from college) who makes guitars and I visit him periodically and he's just north of Hartford. And I go to Brooklyn, NYC periodically to visit my brother and all my gear in his studio. So maybe we could hook up for a quick techno-visit some day. Thanks, DW.

[quote author="Tubemooley"]Please keep us posted. If yer at all interested, I'd love to take a brief look at that bad boy some day. I have a good buddie (from college) who makes guitars and I visit him periodically and he's just north of Hartford. And I go to Brooklyn, NYC periodically to visit my brother and all my gear in his studio. So maybe we could hook up for a quick techno-visit some day. Thanks, DW.[/quote]

what kind of homebrew stuff is in your Bro's studio?

Dual passive Pultec clone with extended frequency cuts and boosts. Several tube mic pre's (some new builds; some old renovations). Dual mono Altec 438 compressor clone. Lots more waiting to get worked on in my shop in Massachusetts. DW.

[quote author="Tubemooley"]Dual passive Pultec clone with extended frequency cuts and boosts. Several tube mic pre's (some new builds; some old renovations). Dual mono Altec 438 compressor clone. Lots more waiting to get worked on in my shop in Massachusetts. DW.[/quote]

nice! well I hope he appreciates the sound!

-J

Latest posts

Back