JTM45 Build with 6P3P output tubes and GZ34

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have done all the list apart from get all the voltages.
Everything sounds so much better now!!
When I do the bias to 45ma all the hum is completely gone!!
The PPIMV works great.
I’ve moved the fuse onto the HV CT.
Moved the standby switch position to the correct place.
The only thing I can’t quite get working is the fx loop so far, part of the signal is getting through just not a lot?
Ive drawn out the schematic of the fx loop and it’s exactly the same as the Ceriatone/friedman version.
Must be a missing contact somewhere on the pcb, just gotta find it.

IMG_0087.jpeg

Here is after, something I did noticed was that the mains txf now doesn’t get warm at all? So something was off!!
Loop still isn’t working and it wasn’t what I thought? Getting small signal through?
Might make my own now I’ve got the schematic

IMG_0088.png

I also wonder whether I’m giving it the correct voltage as only seeing 47v on the first lnd150 drain?
B+ is going through a 10k then into a 33k? Before then feeding the 100k and the 110k?
What voltage should the Q1 drain be seeing?

Looks like it should be about 180v on the drain of first LND150?
I’m only getting 47v as I’m taking B+ down by having a 10k then a 33k, I will take out the 33k and see if voltage improves.

Last edited:
So now the problem is the mains transformer is getting hot again, about 35 degrees, warm touch, doesn’t seem to get any hotter but before the fx loop was working and installed it ran cool for several hours.
I’ve got a working fx loop now so it must be pulling the extra current?

Latest posts

Back