Jury duty and involuntary servitude

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The robo call thing was used in my previous county of residence in CA and my current county all the way across the country. It works well enough, I guess. Beats coming in for jury duty, waiting around for an hour or more only to be told the trial is off because the defendant plead out the day of the trial. Happened to me once in CA...

We have the Robo thing too. I once had a week where I called the Robo thing and every night it would tell me you have to call back tomorrow. This went on durning the week. The last possible day for the Robo call told me I had to go to court tomorrow. I showed up on time and waited in the room with other jurors. This is in case court proceedings that day require jurors. I was there for a couple hours, and then they dismissed us as the only possible court case had settled.
The upside was, I got a day off from work

I don't like dealing with anything involved with the government. No, I have a squeaky-clean background the past several decades .... please forget my illegal puffing of weed around 1970 when a single joint could land you a 20-year sentence in Okla.

No...since that time, I've encountered a series of incompetence, corruption and general idiocy ranging from local to the feds (feds....IRS is such a well-oiled machine...).

I keep my head down....drive the speed limit, etc....and even avoid any political affiliations. Even walking into the local city-county building to file paper for a car title (example) makes me nervous. The local ladies at the car title department were OK....not pleasant though.

The third floor of that building houses the courts. Several years ago, I had to travel to that floor with the on-site tech to reach the roof to troubleshoot the microwave hop that sent local meetings to the local cable system.

Spooked me more than being on the roof (I hate heights).

OMG...I just have a distrust of folks with guns and badges. I recall having to fly to DC years ago for a project and getting off the plane seeing fully armed army (?) guys with AR-16s (?) all over Reagan Airport.

Anyway.....I'm feeling better tonight.

They didn't want me either.
I feel rejected.
Maybe they looked at my police record.
Safe for another few years.
Cops, lawyers, judges, they all drink at the same bar. What a party that must be.

Back