Kawai RV-4 Battery Voltage

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newmarket

Quick question. Finally got round to pulling faulty Kawai RV-4 FX unit from the rack. First question - anyone know the voltage of the internal lithium battery ? I can't make it out on the exhausted battery. Though may be able to when I can get it under magnification if it's on there.

Quick question. Finally got round to pulling faulty Kawai RV-4 FX unit from the rack. First question - anyone know the voltage of the internal lithium battery ? I can't make it out on the exhausted battery. Though may be able to when I can get it under magnification if it's on there.

What is the form factor? Is it not a standard coin cell style primary (non-rechargeable) battery? The common types are usually 3V.

What is the form factor? Is it not a standard coin cell style primary (non-rechargeable) battery? The common types are usually 3V.

Yes it's a coin cell type Lithium (according to the manual). Soldered in place. 3V is indeed common but I think there are other voltages near hat available. Since it is something of a vintage unit I want to confirm. Beyond the brand marking (SANYO IIRC) it's difficult to make out any other markings. Should be able to get it under magnification in the next couple of days at work

Update on this. I put a 3V coin cell in there (not quite same size as original but close enough to get a good (non soldered) connection and all well afaik.
As an aside I don't really know why there are so many similar but not quite the same size coin type cell sizes 😑

Back