LA2a kits are now available...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was my fault for bringing them in here...

I was just so damn excited over the finished product I wanted to share it with everyone else...

and then I got emails to buy em and felt compelled to keep the group up to date with how many were left... as it appeared by the emails no one wanted left out...

:\

Apparently some folks in here are upset that I am selling these with "profit" in mind.

I would imagine the amount of profit calculated out would amount to something like minimum wage or less for all the time you put into making the kits. I'd hate to see stuff like this disappear due to lack of incentive because people who put in the effort, like you, ended up taking a loss on their ventures.

I agree wholeheartedly with Dave's sentiments. Steve should be applauded for his efforts.

Now......who was the snivelling wretch who put the mockers on?

[quote author="peter purpose"]
Now......who was the snivelling wretch who put the mockers on?[/quote]
well, I don't think a witchhunt would be all that productive...

...specially from someone with a box of SSLtech's knickers on his shelf... :shock:

:wink:

If Ethan has no objection to it though, I think "the tribe has spoken"

Keef

It is crazy to discourage such an amazing kit just because the man who did all the work wants some well earned return for all that time and investment. We need MORE of this kind of initiative, it encourages DIY because it puts an amazing piece of equipment within the reach of so many people who otherwise would be daunted by the metalwork and the sourcing and selection of unusual parts.

Some kind of consensus needs to be reached here, a set of guidelines drawn up so that such kits can be put up on the Black Market for the benefit of all. As a newly formed democracy perhaps a vote on this issue is in order, and a matrix drawn up to apply to any potential kit to see if it fits into forum guidelines.

Lets not suppress such kits, BRING 'EM ON!

Many of us are involved in DIY-ing small businesses every day. In a lot of cases the business can't be separated from the gear. We need to help each other with that as well. I can't see that as inappropriate here. Audio doesn't exist in a vacuum.

The kits, the ready-made PCBs, somebody selling their unused transformers, these are a BIG HELP to people like me who don't have much free time to do these things.

I am VERY grateful to these people for offering such services you can't get ANYWHERE!

And if these people made some profit, so what? They did all the work, they paid for the PCB manufacturing services, licked the envelope, drove to the post office, etc... They DESERVE some compensation for the work and time they've put into these so that I and the others can have some ready made PCBs/Kits all ready for assembly.

I don't mind paying them above their cost. Coz the way I see it, they just helped me save time and money by doing all these work. What is wrong if these people made some profit? NOTHING!

I am grateful to Chef, Labs, Scenaria and the others that help me with my hobby.

That's all.

P.S. Who was the big whiner? Apparently, some people can't stand to see other people become successful in their business.... maybe, if they get a cut or percentage, or piece of the pie, then they'll be happy... what do you call that system??? Right, WELFARE!

"...specially from someone with a box of SSLtech's knickers on his shelf..."

What you on about Keef...can't you tell the difference between a fat Londoner and a fat Sussexeronianist?

:green:

How long has this forum been going...........4 or 5 days and we have whinging bastards here already.

Fuck me, Admin, please redirect them over to RO.

:cool:

Keef

what the hell is does this mean?

fat Londoner and a fat Sussexeronianist

guess its something americans dont understand :)

[quote author="Scenaria"]... guess its something americans dont understand [/quote]
:grin:
that's what makes it so much fun
there is a world beyond the fence line :shock:

hi steve ...

If the majority see no problem with it then neither do I.

I did however feel it appropriate to address even a minority that brought the issue up. Regardless, I will back the consensus.

Carry on gentlemen.
-E

Since this is DYI heaven, offering a DYI kit, circuit boards, etc is only a help to the comunity. Scenaria is a long standing member of this group and I don't believe for a second he intends to bilk anyone here. Quite the contrary, he has done us a service as is clear by how fast his kits were snapped up. It is only fair that he notified this forum when they were ready as so many were anxiously awaiting them. The actual sale went on in the designated Black Market forum, as it should have. This post simply informed us what was going on.

Latest posts

Back