LED meter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
> Do you have any higher resolution pic by any chance?

Get a comfy chair and use the SEARCH.

There is more than a book's-worth of meter ideas on this forum.

One hit is page 2 of this thread. But there's lots more.

PRR said:
There is more than a book's-worth of meter ideas on this forum.

I must have read back and forth every single one. In fact, I just finished drawing the (b192) neve ppm schematic and there seems to be a significant amount of DC at the output. I'm also not sure how I can make it work with the 339s. Abbey's example is simpler (i.e less components) but I believe it somehow has limited headroom, which probably can be adjusted. Saying that, I don't know how it compares to the neve one.

FWIW, here's the neve with 1.4Vrms @ 1kHz

Attachments

• neve.jpg
    neve.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 20
warpie said:
Thanks Abbey. I joined your two schematics and the simulation gave me the following plots. Do they look correct?

I will breadboard it but I'd like to come as close as possible to the final version because ordering the components and mainly the shipping costs is a bit of an issue and ideally I'd like to place one order for everything.

Vcc = +24V
You must take R5 off and increase VR1 to 100k.

warpie said:
Thanks abbey, I'll try this.
I forgot to mention a couple of caveats.
The circuit works only for levels below about 2 Vrms; you need an attenuator/trimmer there.
The diode rectification is not a linear process, in particular, low levels will be ignored; it may be beneficial using Schottky diodes.

Back